• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

united studios of self defense (USSD)

CPW do you train with ussd?

Look at https://www.theshaolinway.com grand master damasco is not wearing any ussd apparel.

He is promoting how to run your own school and training tips and is offering certification for instructors. I dont think mattera would approve of helping the competition.From what I've seen thats not the ussd way, just my opinion.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I train w/ USSD (as does my 4 yr old daughter).

If you read the current Black Belt magazine, you'll see an article by Mattera where he decribes DeMasco as his East-coast counterpart and makes reference to him several times in the article. If they were really at odds w/ one another, one would expect Mattera to make little or no reference to DeMasco. What supposition(s) are you basing your post on?

I'm not some USSD fanboy but I have to wonder where some of the unsubstantiated crap comes from (this is not directed at you ninjamac).

I'm not against a reasonable discussion of the facts. There just doesn't seem to be a great deal of "factual" discussion here. Just my $.02, once again.

CPW

Team:"I'm just here for the push-ups."

Hi all,

I wish mattera and company would just say that they teach kempo with kungfu later.

The forms to black belt are not shaolin, they are kajukenbo kempo forms. Your shaolin defense maneuvers(DM's)are kajukenbo kempo combos. In my opinion they probabley thought shaolin sounded more marketable.

They also dont put fred villari in their black belt manual.That's where mattera got 1st -7th black.

Sunny victor gascon made up most of the system up to black and combos 1- 26 but their is no mention of him in their b.b manual.

In my opinion if you lie about what you teach than what else are you lying about?

Please dont take this the wrong way cpw there is alot of good instructors in ussd and it sounds like you have a good one so keep training their if you like. I would not sign up for instructors college.

Hi all,

I wish mattera and company would just say that they teach kempo with kungfu later.

The forms to black belt are not shaolin, they are kajukenbo kempo forms. Your shaolin defense maneuvers(DM's)are kajukenbo kempo combos..

That's another mis-statement. The forms and combo's of Shaolin Kempo are not Kajukenbo. I've seen all the SKK forms and combo's required for 1st degree, and only recognized one technique that resembled a Kajukenbo "Punch Counter". Each generation from Sonny Gascon to George Pesare, to Nick Cerio, to Fred Villari changed, removed, and added material.

Mr bishop have you heard of any dojo's being harassed from other dojo's?

I've heard of a few broken windows and vandalized cars here in So. Calif., but don't know if anyone was ever proven to be responsible.

And it happens with some of the other chain schools also. Dojo wars go back to the 60's. Only problem is some idiots think it's still the 60's.