• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

united studios of self defense (USSD)

I study with United Studios of Self Defense, the trainning i get there is amazing. Im only a blue w/ green but im going to join an academy that lets me become an instructer, with extensive trainning of course. I have many freinds that are in the arts that are envious of what i do, as of the price u get the trainning you pay for. I love it there and you should deffinatly give it a try.

Ryan in Vegas

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone should be wary on obligatory contracts and high fees - generally the suggest something not quite right going on if they have to tie you down by making you pay.... there are actually a couple of forums that have reviews of USSD on them that arent too positive.... just google it with "USSD martial art review" or somethnig similar.

USSD does not have contracts they are more like agreements that you'll give them warning when ur going to discontinue your lessons. A contract means that you would have to stay or suffer cancelation fees of the billing company. If you pull out and dont tell them paper work builds up on the billing company's end causing time spent to fix the faulty paper work thus money spent. At USSD you can tell them you want to quit and your out but always free to come back. As for the so called high fees its worth the money spent with the type of training you receive

Shaolin Monk, I'm curious why the lineage of the system is incomplete. Could you respectfully ask your instructor why Villari is taken out of the lineage. Both founders (Mattera and DeMasco) were high ranking belts in that organization. I'm not clear on why he was left out as it is documented quite well by many sources including the following:

http://www.urbin.net/EWW/MA/KF/famtrees.html

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Shaolin Monk,

I've also wondered about why Villari is cut out of USSD's lineage. Also, my friend used to go to USSD and he told me that the instructors college was 15,000 and he had to sign a non-compete form. This is just what he told me, but I know that after he quit USSD he said he couldn't teach anything for five years. Be sure to read your contract very carefully and make sure this is something that you want to get in to.

Valhalla :kaioken:

USSD is something that has changed my life. I started training when I was 16 and have been training for almost 5 years. I am in the instructors acadamy and the training I receive is worth all the money and if your looking for quality instruction USSD is definately the martial arts school for you or any one looking for quality instruction. Also USSD doesn't use contracts they are strictly agreements.

shoalinsun,

check arizona shaolin kempo acadmey south east corner of gilbert and university. Head instructor Jerry shaw, they have guests instructors there alot from diffrent disciplines.

He's from the fred villari system pretty much simular stuff and he has a good program. those fee's in USSD are expensive I stopped by a couple of there schools in chander/tempe area I wasn't impressed with the quality of teaching to be honest.

Just my opinion

valhalla, the instructors college is around 10,000

but you get to work off a few grand and get a chance to open your own dojo with your hand in ownership so its like regular college and perks. They just dont teach you how to fight good theres alot of buisness you got to learn,(you also get to train with the masters) its almost a no fail system, iv never seen a broke instructor. i think its a small price to pay cause you can buy into the dojo more and more just as long as you follow guid lines(after all its UNITED studios of self defense).the no compete contract is definately a good idea cause if give away all of your trade secretes. I'll ask more bout Valari and get back with you as soon as possible.