• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

united studios of self defense (USSD)

I dont know why these people open schools with mc dojos? You would make more money on your own then with a mc dojo.

$100 a month for classes for 100 students= $10,000 a month.

Thats 120,000 a year :idea:

That makes alot more sense then paying some outrageous franchise fee. :karate:

Yes I think it's $125,000 for a USSD dojo? It will probabley be only $10,000 to get my dojo started.

$1,500 first months rent.

$1,500 last months rent.

$1,500 deposit.

$1,000- $500 for mats.

$500 for gi's and patchs.

$100 for phone.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't start your own school, just be prepared for all the expenses.

Don't forget costs for: liability insurance, advertising, equipment, signage, electricty, gas, water, legal advice.

Are you also going to attempt to do this full time as your sole means of support?

Student sizes grow and shrink. Depending on your area and other things, you may have more then 100 students, or quite a few less.

On a good "Grand Opening" you may sign up 100 or so students, but that dosen't mean in 2-3 months they will still be with you. Students quit the martial arts at a very high rate, but your expenses will remain the same.

You may want to start with less startup costs by teaching at a community center, YMCA, church hall, or such.

You will have a lot less costs, and of course less income, but it will give you the opportunity to build a solid student base to start a commercial school with. Or you may like having someone else take care of all the overhead, leaving you free to just be a martial arts instructor. You can maintain a much higher standard when your not concerned with how much money your going to or have to make.

But either way you go, talk to someone who has done it "successfully", and get a idea of all the expenses involved.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget overhead: Rent, Insurance, Advertising, Maintanance
Too true.

Iam going to start off small and build my school up before I get a a large space.

As for advertising I know how ussd did it. So I'll make alot more money because the money will go in my pocket(not theirs).

If you market well and dont charge as much as your cometitors price you should be alright.

As you grow ask your stundents about once a month if they want to become instructors. And dont charge them a ton. :karate:

Too true.

Iam going to start off small and build my school up before I get a a large space.

As for advertising I know how ussd did it. So I'll make alot more money because the money will go in my pocket(not theirs).

If you market well and dont charge as much as your cometitors price you should be alright.

As you grow ask your stundents about once a month if they want to become instructors. And dont charge them a ton. :karate:

In a year of hard work it will payoff ninjamac. Treat everyone good and you will have all the help you will need.

Treat people bad and people will leave you and open their own dojo.

I dont know why these people open schools with mc dojos? You would make more money on your own then with a mc dojo.

$100 a month for classes for 100 students= $10,000 a month.

Thats 120,000 a year :idea:

That makes alot more sense then paying some outrageous franchise fee. :karate:

Yes I think it's $125,000 for a USSD dojo? It will probabley be only $10,000 to get my dojo started.

$1,500 first months rent.

$1,500 last months rent.

$1,500 deposit.

$1,000- $500 for mats.

$500 for gi's and patchs.

$100 for phone.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't start your own school, just be prepared for all the expenses.

Don't forget costs for: liability insurance, advertising, equipment, signage, electricty, gas, water, legal advice.

Are you also going to attempt to do this full time as your sole means of support?

Student sizes grow and shrink. Depending on your area and other things, you may have more then 100 students, or quite a few less.

On a good "Grand Opening" you may sign up 100 or so students, but that dosen't mean in 2-3 months they will still be with you. Students quit the martial arts at a very high rate, but your expenses will remain the same.

You may want to start with less startup costs by teaching at a community center, YMCA, church hall, or such.

You will have a lot less costs, and of course less income, but it will give you the opportunity to build a solid student base to start a commercial school with. Or you may like having someone else take care of all the overhead, leaving you free to just be a martial arts instructor. You can maintain a much higher standard when your not concerned with how much money your going to or have to make.

But either way you go, talk to someone who has done it "successfully", and get a idea of all the expenses involved.

Good info :idea:

Too true.

In a year of hard work it will payoff ninjamac. Treat everyone good and you will have all the help you will need.

Treat people bad and people will leave you and open their own dojo.

Your right kungfufist. People will open their own dojo if you dont treat them right.

Hey why did mattera split from villaris?

I believe has been talked to death and run it's course, so I am going to go ahead and close it. Thanks. :)