• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

united studios of self defense (USSD)

You have valid points sherri but the problem is to many of the instructors in the orginization who DO the belt factory thing and give low quality training as well as certain invidulas doing shady businness practices. Even the valid instructors get blown off as a mcdojo for being associated with that orginization. Just people preception.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing a search on USSD and I stumbled across this forum. I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I think USSD being such a large company it's easy to miss the trees in the forest. Although each individual follows the set curriculum of the company, I think many of the schools have worthwhile instructors and very good training. It all depends on who your chief instructor is.

I am a black belt with USSD and I'll tell you first hand, I worked my butt off for 6 years to earn it. No one passed me along, no one sent me up to test just because I thought I was ready, and no one handed belts to me. But, that was at my studio. My instructor has a very high work ethic and standard and recognizes that every student he sends up to headquarters to test represents himself. Not all owners/ instructors/ high ranks are like that. But that can be true with any style or studio.

I just think it would be wise to not categorize every studio in this company as a McBelt shop. I appreciate my studio and the private instruction I’ve had. My goal was to learn to defend myself and I feel closer to that goal after every lesson. Ask yourself what your goal is, and check out the studio (regardless of the company) to see if they can help you achieve your goal.

:-? It sounds like you have a good instructor sherri, can you ask your instructor why villari was not put in as MATTERAS instructor?

And why instructors cant own a dojo 100% anymore?

That one is easy mattera probabley didn't want the same thing to happened to him that happened to villari. Mattera split off in 88 and took about 40 schools with him.

If people knew the truth on ussd and mattera on where they came from ( I meen instructors ) they would probabley go and open their own school.

Just my 2 cents

Probably because they had a fall out and didn't want to claim villari as his instructor. Instead the go on that they are trained by some monks and all this shaolin Temple nonsense. That all they got to do is drop a thosands dollars and any one can get a certificate and pictures saying they are trained by shaolin. Money rules the world!

That makes alot of sense. Anyone dispite their lineage or style(USSDs style is mostly kempo and whatever villari made up or mattera did)can go to the temple give them money and clam their shaolin. In my opinion ussd is about money their district managers drive nice cars and the instructors dont from what I notice.