• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

protein shake met-Rx

i know i'm alittle late in this thread since it was posted in may 1st, but if anyone else is using protien shakes, it would be helpful if you took multi-vitamins with it

If you have a properly balanced diet, all multi vitamins do is give you expensive urine. Multivitamins were created because people don't eat correctly, and this helps avoid deficiencies.

Energy drinks, smoothies, things of that nature should be consumed 1/2 - 1 hour before your workout, depending on how your digestive system processes things. Protein bars/shakes should be reserved for after the workout, as that is when your body is recovering/rebuilding muscle tissue. Most studies recommend you take the shake within 1/2 hour of the end of the workout.

Also, if you are running and lifting in the same day, separate them as much as possible, as running will tear down muscle tissue that you are trying to build.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

thanks a lot for the information. ill continue taking the shake a half hour after i eat. ill check out the glutamine too. good luck to anyone doing this too.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.