• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

protein shake met-Rx

I got this huge protein shake thing called Met-Rx:long range whey.

I was wondering if its good, and how much should i take. i run, do crunches, push ups, and dumbell work exercises. i was thinking taking them before i exercise, so they could help me get leaner and more cut. for now, it looks like every other day or something, becasue i work, or sometimes not even.

any suggestions, what do you guys think? good buy? thanks :D

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most of those shakes are to be used in combination with a specific diet and workout routine so it may work for you if you are getting enough protein otherwise. You need to feed your muscles approx. 1 hour after your workout not before...as muscle growth occurs after you break them down. Adequate carbs are also required so you have enough glycogen stored in the muscle for use during the workout. If not your body will burn muscle tissue for energy....and you don't want that! Good luck!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Try taking something to give you a little boost prior to your workout as meantioned. Even just a bagel with peanut butter or something.

Just make sure you get some protein into you at the latest 1 hour after your workout. Within 30 minutes would be ideal, as the muscles are still in an anabolic state.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

a half hour before..... hm..... intresting, never knew that. i thought it was suppose to be before since it gives you energy.

what if i run, then take the shake a half hour later, but do some dumbell exercises and push ups later?

You could always just split the amount of protein you usually take. Half prior to your weight workout (ie: after cardio, to give you energy) and half after your weight workout to help muscle recovery.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

• 5 weeks later...

Predigested protein works the best after a workout.I use a whey isolate protein after a workout because it gets in to your system very fast and that's what you want because if you you take in 25-30grams of protein within 15min.after a workout you will have a better recovery.

I also use the Met-Rx long range whey. It's called long range bevause it is meant for a long period of time to be digested in. Taking it in the morning on a day you work out, and taking it again right after your workout would be best for both energy during the workout and for recovery. However, this is not the most ideal for muscle growth/recovery, as it is long range, meaning it's not specifically meant for recovery. However, it can still be very beneficial. If you are looking for more of an ideal muscle recovery shake, Met-Rx also makes a thing called Pro-Recovery, which contains helpful amino acids to support muscle repair. I use this in addition to the Met-Rx Whey, using the long range whey before a workout and on days when I'm not working out. I use the Pro-Recovery right after my workout, though, as it's faster-acting than the long range whey.

Hope this was helpful.

Are you taking a gainer? If you're trying to get leaner and cut I can't understand why you're taking met-rx shakes. If you really want to speed up recovery, take L-Glutamine 30 minutes after a workout.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

i know i'm alittle late in this thread since it was posted in may 1st, but if anyone else is using protien shakes, it would be helpful if you took multi-vitamins with it

"In battle, confrontation is done directly, victory is gained by surprise"

- Master Sun