• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

which martial art to choose?

Hi Everyone. Back after a long time on this page. When I posted this query, I was 27. I am going to turn 43 this year. Time flies :) . Its been a nice and enjoyable martial arts journey. After I restarted my Shotokan training in 2005, I trained intensively for 2 years. I was at the level where i was asked to go for my brown belt grading however, at the time i got married and shifted to another part of the city hence discontinued my classes.

I did keep up my fitness all through out the years so that has helped although my body is not as fast and young as it used to be.

I trained intensively for the last 4 years (excluding 2020 because of the covid) in Wing tsun and Escrima. Throughly enjoyed the training and was beginning to get good. Reached student level 9 in Wing Tsun and Level 8 in Escrima (these levels may differ in different schools).

Because of the Covid situation in 2020, the school closed down and my instructor is relocating back to his home country hence I haven't been able to train as well. I am still doing my basic routines and maintaining my fitness.

Will have to wait and see if the Covid situation stabilises (and when) plus if the school re opens.

Alternatively, will have to see if I should then start training any other martial art in the area and if so which one (Getting to be a regular jack of all arts here, but I am not complaining). You learn something new at every place.

I do hope my school opens up soon. Since my initial post in 2005, there are now more than a dozen different martial arts being taught in the city (BJJ, Karate, Judo,TKW, Hapkido, MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, Krav Maga etc).

Anyway, just wanted to touch base with you all at the forum. Not sure if some of the previous respondents are still on this forum.

Hope all of you are enjoying your training.

Best Regards

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone. Back after a long time on this page. When I posted this query, I was 27. I am going to turn 43 this year. Time flies :) . Its been a nice and enjoyable martial arts journey. After I restarted my Shotokan training in 2005, I trained intensively for 2 years. I was at the level where i was asked to go for my brown belt grading however, at the time i got married and shifted to another part of the city hence discontinued my classes.

I did keep up my fitness all through out the years so that has helped although my body is not as fast and young as it used to be.

I trained intensively for the last 4 years (excluding 2020 because of the covid) in Wing tsun and Escrima. Throughly enjoyed the training and was beginning to get good. Reached student level 9 in Wing Tsun and Level 8 in Escrima (these levels may differ in different schools).

Because of the Covid situation in 2020, the school closed down and my instructor is relocating back to his home country hence I haven't been able to train as well. I am still doing my basic routines and maintaining my fitness.

Will have to wait and see if the Covid situation stabilises (and when) plus if the school re opens.

Alternatively, will have to see if I should then start training any other martial art in the area and if so which one (Getting to be a regular jack of all arts here, but I am not complaining). You learn something new at every place.

I do hope my school opens up soon. Since my initial post in 2005, there are now more than a dozen different martial arts being taught in the city (BJJ, Karate, Judo,TKW, Hapkido, MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, Krav Maga etc).

Anyway, just wanted to touch base with you all at the forum. Not sure if some of the previous respondents are still on this forum.

Best Regards

Solid post!!

Welcome back, odsouza; glad that you're back. Look forward to reading your posts.

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone. Back after a long time on this page. When I posted this query, I was 27. I am going to turn 43 this year. Time flies . Its been a nice and enjoyable martial arts journey. After I restarted my Shotokan training in 2005, I trained intensively for 2 years. I was at the level where i was asked to go for my brown belt grading however, at the time i got married and shifted to another part of the city hence discontinued my classes.

Wow heart warming to see a response after almost 16 yrs! welcome back!