• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music for training

40 cent

Hard rock, heavy metal. Anything loud with a good beat. But no intense swearing, I am a christian after all :-P

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Try looking up their lyrics."

what about them? du hast? amerika? alter mann? sonne? engel? reise reise? ohne dich? sure, they have a lot of lyrics that... er... provoke, but even a lot of those are generally taken the wrong way. and it's tough to beat their blend of harmonies and melodies and guitar and keyboard. brilliant, i tells ya.

Read there song White Flesh. It is about killing a girl. In one of their songs, they talk about being in a school yard, preparing themselves to kill. The kids that did the Columbine shooting said that Rammtein was their favorite music. If you watch the Columbine footage, you see them sitting in the school yard loading their guns before going in and killing their classmates. Like I say, that is not music you want to listen to.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

"Read there song White Flesh. It is about killing a girl. In one of their songs, they talk about being in a school yard, preparing themselves to kill."

actually, that's the song in question. and? johnny cash writes "i shot a man in reno, just to watch him die". no one calls him a tool of the devil.

"The kids that did the Columbine shooting said that Rammtein was their favorite music. If you watch the Columbine footage, you see them sitting in the school yard loading their guns before going in and killing their classmates. "

Rammstein is one of my favorite bands too... i still haven't shot up the school. so unless rammstein is sending subliminal messages that i'm just not attune too... i hardly think you can call rammstein an integral part of the shooting.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I love slipknot, korn, lots of heavy metal.

So does my aquaintance, "Jory". But the difference is, I listen to the lyrics and know that they're just lyrics. Jory listened to them because he felt like he could identify with what they were saying, and talks about how he'd like to shoot everybody at school- except me. He has a crush on me , but he kind of creeps me out to be honest. Try to be nice though, don't wanna get him more depressed. I ask him if he's serious but he says no, he doesn't really want to kill anyone- maybe punch one or two though.

My cousin is a very religious teen, regularly goes to church, trying to convert me to Christianity, etc. and he listens to it because he just likes it. He's not a bad person at all and it really doesn't have an affect on his well-being.

What I'm trying to say is, you can't assume that everyone who listens to music will act according to what they hear.

Just because I listen to them scream about being raped or beating people or whatever doesn't mean I'm going to apply that to my life. But all those angry teens? They probably use it to release anger and feel like they're not alone- not to fuel up for the next school shooting.

For sparring/intense workouts

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

Iron Maiden - Aces High, Bring your daughter to the slaughter, powerslave, run to the hills, oh heck, just about anything by them :D

Guns 'N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (Listen to the lyrics, perfect portrayal of a sparring attitude, IMHO)

Sepultura

Select cuts from Matrix and Blade

Helloween

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

For forms/contemplation

Pink Floyd

Dire Straits

Fourplay (Jazz)

Yanni (Don't laugh)

Shadowfax

Aodhan

P.S. Yes, I do listen to a huge variety...I'm just a fan of music in general

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 2 weeks later...

some songs that i like to listen to when running

blind guardian - mirror mirror, i´m alive

Testament - Nobody's Fault

Slayer - raining blood

kreator - impossible brutality, murder fantasies, enemy of god, second awakening

sonata arctica - full moon

at the gates - blinded by fear

skid row - slave to the grind, riot act

wasp - chainsaw charlie

and of course anything with manowar, i know that they are as cheesy as you can be, but i´t great for training.

there is a lot more, but i need to see the cd´s to remember

"I do not need a cause for my rage

I just despise the nature of the human race

When all I see is repulsion and hate

Violence becomes my only friend, my saving grace" - Violent Revolution by Kreator

Well, I prefer the list below, maybe because it's just the music I listen to.. I don't like totally nut breaking fast music. Punching to the beat is good.. or kicking but i'm sure you know that.

Rock/Punk/Emo/Screamo:

UnderOath - Reinventing your exit

UnderOath - I don't feel very receptive today

From First To Last - Failure By Designer Jeans

Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed

A Static Lullaby - The Shooting that Destroyed Us All

Funeral For a Friend - Kiss and Make Up

Of course many techno musics are good for this.

-chuck-

its strange, my fave types of music is heavy metal, and metalcore (like killswitch engage, S.O.A.D)

when i am training i only ever listen to trance, euphoria music. and i cant stand that normally, its just a case of whats best for you....

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

we sometimes use music during trainings in the club (mostly the physical trainings, not sparring etc), and that goes from metal, nu-metal etc to sometimes even traditional chinese music ..

bands like : disturbed, prodigy, rage against the machine etc really pump you up, ..

eager to learn from the

all-powerful baji god of pain

Well, I prefer the list below, maybe because it's just the music I listen to.. I don't like totally nut breaking fast music. Punching to the beat is good.. or kicking but i'm sure you know that.

Rock/Punk/Emo/Screamo:

UnderOath - Reinventing your exit

UnderOath - I don't feel very receptive today

From First To Last - Failure By Designer Jeans

Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed

A Static Lullaby - The Shooting that Destroyed Us All

Funeral For a Friend - Kiss and Make Up

Of course many techno musics are good for this.

I agree I lvoe listening to screamo/emo/punk music whilst doing my basics.

Needing to focus...