• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, Hello There... Welcome Back

Hello,

As you may have noticed, KarateForums.com was down for nearly 2 days. The server that we are on was breached with someone redirecting traffic to a site where you would get infected with a virus. So, if you visited and you were forwarded/got a popup window and you were not protected, you now have a virus. For this, you have my apologies. I got the virus myself. It is easy enough to clean up. If you have a virus scanner, just update the definitions and run it. If you don't, I recommend the AVG Free Edition as that is what I use. Download it, update the definitions and run it. You should be good.

We should be back up now (besides a few minutes possibly). Welcome back. :)

Thank you for your patience.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Phew! I thought it was just my computer acting up! :D Good to see we're back up and running, Patrick. :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

so that is where taht came from...man, that was an exercise in patience...stupid viri.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

It was a trojan that also hid in your Java folders. Easy to remove, since the trojan.downloader virus, and its partners, were easily detected and the files can be safely deleted. The virus itself was a rather old one, and should be easily detected using any of the more modern virus detectors with updated definitions.

Thanks for taking care of this, Patrick.

Ah, ok nice to have everyone back.

I was protected so I receved a virus notice and the popup was blocked. I will run a virus scan anyway.

Btw I noticed that something was lost. I have recently made a chance in my profile and I had to re-insert it.

For those who tried to access KF from work...You're in trouble now!!! :o :lol:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

I love my virus scanner. We just recently bought a new one (because we did have a virus that AVG couldn't get rid of). It catches just about everything. I checked the reports (it scans every night) and I didn't see anything, so I guess it caught it or I didn't get the virus :D

Oh, I wouldn't know if I get pop-ups, because we also got a new blocker :)

Laurie F

Yes, it is possible that there are few posts and others changes that were made right before it started, during, etc. that may be lost.

Thanks.