• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Situps fast or slow?

Ben Martin

which is the best way to do them?

Thanks

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Ben,

In my personal opinion I think both ways are fine. You'd see the people in the gym do then slow. They would do 3 or 4 sets of 20 or so. In MA we train the body to be robust opposed to having a nice body. Therefore in the dojo we do them relatively fast. Which is great for stamina and ab development.

So I say, which ever one you are comfortable with, but try and go faster.

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

do them both. you'll feel the difference.

forget doing sets of whatever number because it becomes a pattern your used to achieving and you wont want to do more. just make your sets as many as you can do till that specific ab region you are working out fails. your core region will strengthen more quickly.

i would think that slow would cause more resistance... yes?

Not that I condone fascism. Or

and "isms". "Isms", in my opinion

are not good. A person should not

believe in an "ism". He should

believe in himself. .- Ferris Bueller

yesterday in the gym we were all made to do 180 and i was the last person by far to finish them. not because i kept stopping which i didn't do once but because i tend to to them slow. but wouldnt the people who were doing it fast and kept stopping get more of a work out as they reached MMF and i didn't?

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Personally, I do all of mine slow. I know that my back doesn't feel too good if I try to do these fast. Also, I feel a better "burn" in my abs if I do them slow.

JMHO.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."

I like doing situps at a moderate speed, not too slowly, not too quickly. If I do them too quickly, my tailbone starts hurting because it's making friction with the ground, but if I do them too slowly, it'll take too much time for me to feel tired :) .

I prefer to do situps slow than fast. I feel I've had a better work-out when I do them slowly.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

You know, at my dojo, we tend to do them fast, but there's another way to do them that I think must be just as good. You basically just do a sit-up and hold it for 10 seconds, then release. Start with 5 repititions and build up. It burns, but it's good!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."