• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New to karate and exercise! What can I do to improve?

TheDarxide

I've been to two karate lessons so far, and i'm so out of shape it isn't funny.....

I've started cycling a couple of miles once or twice a week, but what can I do in terms of flexibillity and fat loss?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ha i feel your pain man. when i first started kickboxing i was propper over weight i couldnt even do press ups and the thought of 10 burpees is a nightmare. running is great lots of short sprints. try sprinting to the first door on your street and walk back then to teh second and walk back then the third and walk back do that until you get to the end of your street that will have your heart racing. lots of cardio is the best thing lots of burpees to if you look in the kickboxing section there is a thread about them i personally think they are the best exercise. the more you stick at your training and do it the easier it will become. a few months ago i started doing kickboxing in a boxing gym on sundays with my class and its 2 hrs long it is a killer. but ive also started doing a hour and a half of boxing before hand then my class comes in and i do kickboxing. yesterday i over slept and missed the boxing an only did the kickboxing, insted of me coming out of the gym nackered i felt refreshed even though i trained really hard. so it just goes to show the more you practice the easier it will become:)

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Your karate is going to be quite a work out . To begin with I would mostly focus on your basics . Put as much energy as you can into them . With my beginners I typically tell them to do the in class warm up at home for the first little while along with endless reps of basic movements infront of the mirror . Our warm up is a very well rounded workout in itself , as it is in most of the schools I have seen . Dynamic - full range excercises to start then stretching then some strength and calestetic work . After you have that down you can begin to add aerobic and anaerobic excersises along with stretching . Basically any exercise that addresses the areas you feel are lacking .

Important to start slow , don't want injuries . But the most important thing of all is have fun :D :D !

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Skipping rope must be your friend. Also a great workout. But don't worry, you'll get into the thing in 2 or 3 months. It takes time. Keep cycling, drink lots of water and give it your all when you train.

enjoy! :-)

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

When yo start to exercise, your muscles fil with blood. this leaves your brain a little empty and so it gets a bit oxygen starved.

so you yawn.

The number one best exercise to learn for a ma class is - learn to yawn thru your nose with your mouth clamped shut.

(I kid you not!)

^why? the only thing i can think of is that you much get hit in your jaw when yawning.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.