• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question for the Girls: Training and your 'Monthlies'

Super Tampon and thin pad have always worked for me. Even on the lightest days I wouldn't risk it with just a tampon, though. Leak through on a white gi is just too frightening to risk.

I have tried a menstrual cup, but it didn't work for me, but it might work for others...I wish it did work, so you might try it.

http://www.keeper.com/ is the brand I tried. If I'm just sitting around it works fine. But the kicking jumping, stuff was just too much for it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The whole idea of blood collecting there is just too icky. Imagine the clean-up...

I had a gym teacher who gave me some brochures on "The Keeper" because I'd refuse to swim during that time.

Only 3 more months, and I get a red gi when I receive my green belt! That should ease some tension. I'm constantly terrified of staining my white gi.

I hate training when I've got my... "friend" over, but what I do is wear a nice, big pad and very tight grannie panties to keep it all in. By the time I get out of class, it's just beginning to try and leak. Ha ha! Caught it! :P

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I've leaked once- while I was testing for my green belt nonetheless! It was so embarrassing! The head instructor called me over (I didn't realize it yet) and some lady told me about it- AGH!

My advice is to change pads/tampons halfway through class- haven't had a leak since.

Because I have super bad cramps around that time of the month I can't use tampons, but that doesn't keep me for class!Usualy I just wear the over night pads with super long wings and don't seem to have any problems.(That doesn't mean I don't worry about it for the whole class though :))

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

:P Yeah, I'm constantly worried it will just show up out of nowhere. :(

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I always worry about it but a leak has only happened to me once, though. I don't think anyone saw it - I managed to be able to go to Sensei and explain quietly that I needed to use the bathroom.

Those cup things look pretty scary - I'm not sure that I could wear one of those... :o

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Wow, I just got my white gi and hadn't even considered this question yet. Yikes! I imagine I'll just wear some tan boxer shorts over my underwear and under my gi pants. I hope that prevents any problems.