• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

pushups

sliknik

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are some other threads dealing with pushups if you use the search function. But basically, I think the best way to get better at pushups is to do pushups. Personally, I try to do them 3x a week (some people may do them more often), and just try to do more than you did the time before. Also, it may help to do them in sets. If you do 2 sets of 10 and rest between sets, you'll probably be able to do more than if you just do 20 flat out. There's also a thread on here that has lots of different kinds of pushups; try searching for the term pushups.

P.S.: I'm an orange belt poster now! Woo!

What I did was start with 20 or so and increase every day by 5 if possible. If not, increase by 2 or 3. DOn't worry if you can't do that many, but keep increasing.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Remember, it's better to do 20 great pushups with good technique than it is to do 100 poor-quality pushups with bad technique.

Try just adding one to your reps each time and build up slowly.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Amen! :-)

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought but to get better at pushups try doing less of them more often . I know , I can just here people now . Is this guy nuts ? The answer to that not with standing . Try doing say 10 push ups 4 or 5 times a day . (making sure to not over train) I have had people do them every time they walk into a certain room in their house or whenever they turn the TV on or off . Whatever works . Always remember the perfect form is the only acceptable form . Just think that if you can rip off 10 perfect ones a couple or few times a day your gains in strength will lead you to more muscular endurance .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Here's my way of increasing the amount of pushups I can do; it's largely related to the strength of your back and arm and shoulder muscles.

First, do as many pushups as you can, and don't give into the sourness of your arms just because you think you can't bear it. Your will is very important in order to improve.

Next, stretch your arms a little, swing them around, and just basically, relax.

After two minutes or so, fetch a glass of milk and a slice of bread, then eat the bread and then drink the milk. Eating the bread first is very important, because the Gastric Juice in your stomach can easily destroy the nutrients/proteins in the milk if it's empty. The bread is solid, so its nutrients usually stay in your stomach unharmed.

Just continue this process over the week when your arms aren't feeling to weak or uncomfortable, and you should start improving.

I hope that helped :D .

i found that the best thing to do is just keep trying to do more

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

Simple!

Just keep doing them with proper form daily and keep attempting to do more!!

Problem solved

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing