• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Login Name

scottnshelly

I got my screenname back as a sophmore in high school. At the time, I wore a lot of Nike clothing (hey it was comfortable!) so that is where you get the "Swoosh", that little curvy thing that is their trademarked logo. Also at the time, I had recently found out that I was going to Finland as a foreign echange student, so my dad thought he had better start calling me a "Finn" (the term for someone from Finland). Then my dad got the brilliant idea of combining the two nicknames he had given me, and the "Swooshfinn" was born.

My foreign exchange year (my junior year of high school) influenced me so much, I have kept the nickname and use it as one my two virtual identities, the other I use strictly for match.com and yahoo personals.

Kuk Sool Won Jae Jah

Jah Ddi (Brown Belt)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sam - my name.... nice and simple

That's like saying "Sam I am".

So, Sam I am, would you eat green eggs and ham?

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Took my login from the alias used in the Mack Bolan series, Mike Belasko. Always thought that it sounded like a pretty plain sounding name, yet at the same time a little mysterious. Perfect for not raising eyebrows when you don't want to.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is pretty easy.Hajime means begin so it represents my new beginning as a martial artist.Kyu represents myself as a student with some experience/ability(currently purple belt) and a tremendous amount yet to learn.I picked it when my instructor suggested I needed a new e mail/sign in name.My original e mail/sign in is adistantlady.That was me when I was fearful and hard to get close to because of past abuse and trauma.Our style of karate,with it's emphasis on close in techniques has helped me overcome somewhat the fear of closeness.So I have a new beginning each day,and am always learning.

Long story for an easy name :lol:

hajime~kyu

The more I think I know, the more I find I have to learn.