• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring

boydhopkins

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Score on him before he scores on you? :D

Well OK...this has been answered throughly if you want to check on the Sport Karate Forum section. You'll find some great (and some not so great) advice there I'm sure.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Move around and don't stop untill you hear "BRAEK!" im mean it even if you know you hit him, the judges might not...sooo don't ever stop untill you hear that.

-Bran

Through the night, a raven's schrill cry,

The wind, caressed by darkness, howls through the sky.

The stars in the heavens look upon the corrupt world below,

And as mankind's laid to rest, their fate they do not know.

Relax.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

keep your hands up even after a break is called, sometimes no everyone hears the ref

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match

It's always important to keep your guard up at all times.

Also, remember to relax your entire body, so that your meridians are not open, and you can move quickly and think clearly. It's good to practice some meditation at home to help you learn how to calm the body and relax.

How's this -

Do NOT react if you've taken a hit. Don't look at the judges like "Whoa, they must have seen that." A lot of the time they may not have seen it, but your reaction gives them the impetus to call the point against you.

Watch fights before your fight, if you anticipate the same ring judges. Pay attention to what they're calling. If they're calling weak backfists, you know what you can do, and what you have to watch out for.

Other than that, enjoy it! Introduce yourself to everybody, you'll be seeing them again if you continue to train, and you're all brothers and sisters in your Art. I love socializing at competitions.

Wado Ryu Karate Do - Nashville TN - USEWKF

Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu - Nerima, Tokyo, Japan - Tendo Dojo

"To Challenge Owner in Savage Combat, Use Rear Door"

so that your meridians are not open

Earth is calling...

LOL, that's not what I mean. Meridians are specific points on your body marked for acupuncture, such as your solar plexus. If they are hit really hard, you'll most likely feel nausea.