• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

multiple attackers

:wave: hey everyone I am hoping you can help me by giving some tips when fighting multiple attackers . I only started learning so I don't have alot of experience , so any help you guys can give me I would appreciate it thanks :karate: :)

your hands and feet are all the protection you need, you win some you loose some but you live to fight another day !!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you ever practiced the 5-Kata kumite? I've heard it also called Free kumite or 3-attacker kumite. Its very good for beginners and adepts alike to practice their techniques against multiple opponents.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Welcome to the martial arts!

Your instructor shoudl teach you about handling multiple attackers, but there are some general "rules of thumb" pertaining to dealing with them, and this will vary from system to system, so my methods might not be the same as yours and others.

1. Learn to work your opponents against each other through your movements and actions. An example: If you have two people attackign you, move insuch a way as to keep one person in the middle. That way you are only dealing with one person at a time. Easy to do if you have the room to do it.

2. When you strike a person, you have to attempt to do a disabling technique on them thefirst time. You don't want to have to fight multiple people more than one time each. They have the advantage of numbers and if they're smart,they will use that advantage. You need to take them out as quickly as possible.

There are otherthings, but I need to get going on my taxes here *sigh* :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Run like heck.

If for some unlikely reason you can't run, be very mobile so that you can hit the one nearest a few times and keep moving so that everyone else spends their time moving to attack rather than attacking.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Also, forget what the movies show you... Multiple opponents will almost never politely wait in line to move against you; they will come at you at one time (with variations based on their individual level of aggression and reflexes).

Some suggest, if you feel the level of the threat justifies this, disabling the first oppenent in a fairly brutal manner, in an effort to give the remaining aggressors something to think about. Try to avoid taking significant amounts of extra time, as your time allows for the all-important movement that gives you some degree of control over the conflict. Disclaimer: This is not the best consideration from a liability point of view, but if you feel your life depends on it, you might take it into consideration.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

Just a few pointers

constantly be on the move , when in multiple opponent situations moving out of the way is often preferable to blocking as executing an effective block takes more time than you have .

never be in one place for more than a fraction of a second . Disable opponent or bypass him , don't waste time making an opening if it is not there bypass opponent and move to next.

never engage one opponent for an extended period of time . if you take too long with one then expect to be attacked from behind.

use angles to your advantage . try to make opponents bump into eachother or at least be in eachothers way .

accept the fact that multiple opponent combat has a very low sucess rate . if there is an opening for escape it may be the best option. :D

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

:wave: hey everyone I am hoping you can help me by giving some tips when fighting multiple attackers . I only started learning so I don't have alot of experience , so any help you guys can give me I would appreciate it thanks :karate: :)

Ummm, the short answer is you can't physically do it. Not safely. Not successfully. Don't waste time looking for physical answers to an impossible question.

Here is how you fight multiple attackers properly:

1. You avoid them.

2. You don't get drunk in public.

3. You don't hitchhike.

4. You learn a behaviorally based sd system that uses psychological manipulations and verbal judo to save yourself.

This is a true story from a number of years ago in Montreal.

A young lady was jogging and saw a van scoping her out, driving slow and returning around the block. She ignored it (her mistake) and was scooped by 4 college kids. They were drinking beer and were going to drive her out into the country and rape her. The van was outfitted with a mattress, they were not first timers.

She was scared spitless but not witless. After a bit, (the drive was slow, thru town) she asked for a beer - "If I'm gonna have to do this, I might as well relax a litte." They thought this was great so she drank a bit of beer and spilled a lot and got another bottle and told them they didn't seem to be really bad guys after all, she'd probably like them if they weren't going to hurt her.

After a bit more beer she told them she was really relaxing and getting ready to party, the only thing missing was her (not really a nympho) roommate who just loved to party and drink and get it on. She talked about how hot the friend was and how much fun it would be if they could go get her so they decided to go do that. She took them to her apartment and they all walked into the living room where her brother and six friends were watching football. They survived but payed a big price.

And that is the number one way to defeat multiple attackers...use your wits.

Remember,when you are fighting a group of agressors,the point isnt to win,but to get away safely.Movies just give a bad impression when you tell people ''I ran'' instead of fighting.

Do your best to avoid,and find an opening where you can start running.

lol. nice story TED T.

How I would defend muliple attackers: pin one of them in between me and them, avoid it at all costs, you'd be surprised at how just letting some one vent their frustrations is a lot better than fisticuffs, a kick the the groin extremely hard will work (plan for a two on one right after the first guy goes down), always have a backup plan (running is good), don't let it go to the ground unless you train for ground fighting.

For the most part, You can always run faster scared than someone can who's angry.

For you training, you will eventuallly learn to fight mutiple attackers in many different Martial arts. Starting out a martial arts you should develop good basics and add on when the basics are good. I still use basic technics often because they work and are effective. you have to crawl before you walk......etc gl :)

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder