• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello everyone

Armbar

Hi,

This message board looks great, so I decided to stop lurking and maybe post a little. I am six-or-so months away from my blackbelt in Shudokan Karate, not to be confused with Shotokan Karate. I also have limited experince in Tea Kwon Do (When I was a kid), and Yoshin-ryu Jujitsu. Looking forward to contibuting. :karate:

Edited by Armbar

"Achieving victory in every battle is not absolute perfection. Neutralizing an adversary’s forces without battle is perfection."

Sun-Tzu, The Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shudokan! Who do you train with? When I lived in Reno we frequently trained with Joey Walker and Alexander Archie. Those names ring a bell?

Anyway good to have you here! Welcome!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

ninjanurse:

I've heard of Alexander Archie, but I believe he's the head of a different federation then the one I train under. I have, however, trained with some of his students, which is always fun. Always good to see how your art has evolved outside of your federations influences.

I train under Kathy Southwick, and also Albert Roy. Every once and awhile, we get to train with Morris Mack, which is a great treat.

italian_guy:

Shudokan was founded by Kanken Toyama, a student of Itosu and several other masters of various arts. It incorperates many shotokan-like strikes and blocks, along with some Judo-like throws and takedowns, with a bit of akido type stuff added for flavor. We do have a few Goju Kata also. Heres a good site listing information about Toyama and the origins of Shudokan Karate-do:

http://www.usadojo.com/martial-artists-biographies/martial-artist-kanken-toyama.htm

"Achieving victory in every battle is not absolute perfection. Neutralizing an adversary’s forces without battle is perfection."

Sun-Tzu, The Art of War