• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

effective stretching routine

i dont mean to sound annoying but i kno the wealth of info on this forum regarding stretching. some of it is scientific and it is necessary to understand dat pre stretching...but has any one got a ready stretch routine that implements all the science...with enough time for recovery (i.e. isometrics, static, ballisitc, the neccesary strength exercises). Like has any1 got a down to earth stretching routine that is easy to follow and will give u good flexibility in a decent amount of time. I am just looking for one place that has all the info put in a simple easy to follow workout. Thanks in Advance. I would be VERY happy if some1 could point me in the right direction as I have been looking to improve my kicks for competition i.e. jodan and people merely said practice your kicks but i dont even hve the flexibility to practice my so called kicks. I mean front kick sure but when i do roundhouses, i can feel tension in my glutes, lower back, hips and hamstrings....plz somebody help!

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anyone? please.

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"

hey KarateKid7.

I don't have any advice that will help you right now, but ther are a lot of members here who will be glad to answer your question. It might take a couple of days, but some of the feedback will be worth it. Hang in there and be patient. The info will come. =)

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Hi Karate KI. There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum all about stretching.

Click here to go to it. :)

A couple of points to remember about stretching: it's better to stretch every day, and stretching is more effective when your muscles are warm. So, do a bit of jogging on the spot before you start your stretching routine to make sure that your muscles aren't cold. The more often you stretch, the easier and better it will get.

Good luck! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

If you need coaching to force yourself to stretch daily, then I'd suggest buying a basic Yoga DVD.

I used to have a hard time getting up the discipline to go through a stretching routine. Now the DVD leads me through a good routine and I stick with it.

You can also order a copy of Thomas Kurz' "Stretching Scientifically" - all you'll ever want to know about a good stretching program.

Wado Ryu Karate Do - Nashville TN - USEWKF

Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu - Nerima, Tokyo, Japan - Tendo Dojo

"To Challenge Owner in Savage Combat, Use Rear Door"