• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you had the chance, who would you like to be trained by?

"It might not be bad to be trained by his sensei, but I know his sensei was a lot different than he is, and a lot more physically demanding on the students."

Same here, though sometimes I think it would be nice to have a very physically demanding Sensei. I am very happy with my current sensei though.

To answer the question, I would have liked to trained with Professor Henry Okazaki (my Sensei's Senei's Sensei, founder of Danzan Ryu). Wally Jay, Bruce Lee, and Inosanto would also be great.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two people I'd like to be trained by:

One is Oyama Sosai, the master of ShinkyokuShinkai. Two is Bruce Lee.

But I'm actually quite satisfied with my current Sensei, since I'm already learning a lot.

i mena, my capoiera teacher is a good choice too,lol, but i meant someone really other than your teacher, even though your choices are cool, it is about whos best for you.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

Randy Couture, Chuck Liddel, Bruce Lee (not so possible anymore), Gene Lavel, any of the Gracies, Ali (not possible either), De la Hoya, Master Toddy, basically any of the top guns in boxing, kickboxing, jiujitsu, wrestling, or nhb fighting.

I would have to say, Tekada sokaku, benny the jet,bruce lee,ryuho okuyama or maybe steven seagal. It is hard to say, considering their are so many amazing teachers out there or that have exsisted at one point or another.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

Sorry. If you can watch your own teacher do kata, spar, etc. you should be able to see what his teachers poured into him; All the essence of a lineage should be in your teacher.

Leaves fall.

i think it would've been more interesting and maybe more worthwhile to have been around when all of them people were actually going through the process of devising their styles.

that is, to be training WITH them as they were finding out new things instead of just being trained by them.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.