• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Could you beat a street fighter?

Properly trained = competent

Untrained = incompetent

Period :karate:

incompetent !!!! we are talking about street situation here , right ?? it dosent matter , if this is the case , wether one is competent or not . sometimes street thugs can proove to be a real deal even to a trained guy .. moreover , in a tournament , less trained can prove to be a real deal as well , for instance , there was that second degree blackbelt ,the son of a shihan , highly experienced , participated in many international tournaments , who was defeated by a YELLOW belt .. belive it or not ..

I think I saw that match. America's cup? The yellow belt was bigger, stronger and more aggressive, wasn't he? Plus, he wasn't keen on taking promotion tests and was all about the fighting.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I could handle myself against a street fighter. I know how to fight clean but I also know how to fight dirty. I grew up in a predominantly Italian and Portuguese community and they didn't like the fact that an Indian kid lived on the block so I had to prove myself many a time. Fighting is really in my blood to say the least.

Untrained = incompetent

incompetent !!!! we are talking about street situation here , right ?? it dosent matter , if this is the case , wether one is competent or not . sometimes street thugs can proove to be a real deal even to a trained guy .. moreover , in a tournament , less trained can prove to be a real deal as well , for instance , there was that second degree blackbelt ,the son of a shihan , highly experienced , participated in many international tournaments , who was defeated by a YELLOW belt .. belive it or not ..

I think I saw that match. America's cup? The yellow belt was bigger, stronger and more aggressive, wasn't he? Plus, he wasn't keen on taking promotion tests and was all about the fighting.

Indeed

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Untrained = incompetent

Wow. That's pretty arrogant of you. I can tell you for a fact that my uncle, comepletely untrained, has beaten a karate black belt in a one-one-one unarmed fight. Not just some guy claiming a black belt, a man who was known for being very good at the art. My uncle grew up a fighter, is a big guy, and is fast for his size. This doesn't mean he is proud of it, he actually admits to having a bit of a big mouth that gets him into trouble. The point is, training isn't everything. There are an infinite number of variables involved in fighting.

Thank You! :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Sure I agree with your logic and see what you are getting at. The thing is some people who have grown up fighting in the streets since childhood has real experience and not just training experience. These people fight on the street not in a dojo or ring and they might be a little mental. The intent in the ring is not to kill but to win, to be a sportsman not a thug. So I would say it is bad to under estimate anyone. Even if you are highly trained your confidence and pride can be used against you. Also, there are people who don't conventionally train to run, but run everyday and are fast or can run long distances. Some of these people are not interested in the sport, but possibly have more natural talent than most. Basically I'm saying that being cautious is safer than being overconfident.

when these people grow up fighting they tend to just fight other thugs so they dont get the experience of fighting someone that is truely skilled

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

Sure I agree with your logic and see what you are getting at. The thing is some people who have grown up fighting in the streets since childhood has real experience and not just training experience. These people fight on the street not in a dojo or ring and they might be a little mental. The intent in the ring is not to kill but to win, to be a sportsman not a thug. So I would say it is bad to under estimate anyone. Even if you are highly trained your confidence and pride can be used against you. Also, there are people who don't conventionally train to run, but run everyday and are fast or can run long distances. Some of these people are not interested in the sport, but possibly have more natural talent than most. Basically I'm saying that being cautious is safer than being overconfident.

when these people grow up fighting they tend to just fight other thugs so they dont get the experience of fighting someone that is truely skilled

This is very true. However, a lot of the time, they still end up being pretty good at fighting; at least good enough to have a chance at beating you with Murphy's Law being so predominant in the world. I'd rather take on an unarmed thug than an amateur boxer... but a first year karate student would be preferable.

(Please note that this is not an insult towards karate. A first year kung fu student, tkd, etc is also acceptable.)

Yeah, Tank Abbott was just a street thug that smashed many so called and experienced MA's at their own game. I'm sure on the street he would have beat them easier.

Yeah, Tank Abbott was just a street thug that smashed many so called and experienced MA's at their own game. I'm sure on the street he would have beat them easier.

Suddenly everything changes when you're on the street? The "experienced" MA's own game was supposedly fighting- that was Tank's game too.

While I totally agree with the point, it should be pointed out that Tank had SOME boxing background. Did he have the talent of the guys, maybe not- but apparently he hits harder than Mike and Chuck combined (not really, but you know).

His real life experience was what trained him for UFC more than any of his former training. He doesn't consider himself a MA, he considers himself a street fighter.