• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Could you beat a street fighter?

its been said before, but i'm going to say it again... NEVER UNDERESTIMAT ANYONE! even yourself! a street fighter does have training! he has trained on the streets, if he has been in fights, he will know the general reaction. do your best and hope to wot ever there is out there that it is good enough! me beat a street fighter... depends

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think a large part of the "street fighter" mystique is the mind set they gain from experience. If you go into the fight knowing you're going to open up on someone and expend all your effort on defeating them and inflicting maximum damage, it will magnify your skills. The ability to shake off a hit and keep coming makes a good fighter better. Thus, the value of full contact training. With the right "must win" mindset, I think even a small amount of training can go a long way.

(all of the above assumes unarmed confrontation. If you get weapons in the mix, the best mental preparation becomes less of a factor...)

I totally agree.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

what is a street fighter?

is it someone who gets in a street fight. so if i lose my cool and get in a fight have i become a street fighter.

if you are refering to a guy with little formal training, a mean temper, and wild violent blows. a genrallized tough guy.

well if you cant cofidently beat that guy after about 6 months of training you should consider a new art.

street fighters are not as good as people make them out to be. example (Tank Abbott) he lost most of his fights and his street fighting pals got beat to.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I don't know if I can beat a street fighter or not but I know that I could survive. I wouldn't want to necessarily win, just not die. I think there are too many variables and a real thug always has a weapon so it's hard to say.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Funny thing about street fights... anything can happen. A great fighter may come across some punk who's been in a few fights and has virtually no skill... but if the punk is strong and lands one good blow, just one, could make the great fighter lose. Anyone see Liddell vs Couture? Not that I'm calling Liddell a bad fighter, but Couture's still great, and he's never been knocked out before. Chuck changed all that with one good shot though.

Liddell has a Kempo background is that right? He has a tattoo on his shoulder the says Kempo. Does anyone know?

Very cool, thanks. :)

Yea, Chuck started kempo at a young age. He also did wrestling, football, eventually trained striking with some serious players (I forget the name, you can google it) where he really perfected his more thai-style, and just chuck-style strikes.