• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loooking muscular-Please read post on second page

Yes I am a teenager... I probably shouldn't worry about muscles until I'm taller. What exercises can I do that won't limit my height?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had that problem, I used to weigh around 135 on a good day, and now I'm around 190, give or take a few pounds.

The first point of growing is eating and eating lots of quality foods. I know at one point I was taking in nearly 4000 calories a day at the peak of a bulking period, but that came from slowly building up to that point. Understand that right now you're eating and training exactly how your weight and body type requires - for growth, you need to increase your caloric intake. But you can't hop up to large amounts of calories in a day. Record your caloric intake for a normal day (Try fitday.com). Then, each week, increase that number by 250-300 calories (Not much) of quality food. Consistency is key.

Also, you're going to have to start a good basic lifting program. You can forget doing tons of isolation exercises, you're gonna want the core builders. Squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and then some other ones to ensure totality in your development, such as clean and presses, barbell curls, pullups, whatever you feel isn't getting enough attention from the first 3 mentioned. The reason the squats, deadlifts, and bench presses are important is they are large compound exercises which will stimulate growth.

Supplements are nice, but don't rely on them to help you grow. When I started out with lifting weights I immediately jumped into taking creatine and n-large and whatever else I could find. But I was still eating small and I was growing nowhere. Get the eating part down, then add supplements, then you'll take off like a rocket. That being said, the supplements you'll want are:

A B vitamin

A protein shake

An L-Glutamine Supplement

Creatine

Most importantly though, you do need to take what everyone here is telling you and consistently use it. Stay motivated, think about how great the next workout is going to be, not how painful or embarassing you might look in the gym. It does take time to grow quality muscles but if you tough it out you'll feel glad you did.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

Actually, and you may want to disregard this if you are under 15 or 16, you will want to be lifting between the 4-6 reps range to really promote strength and size, or bulk up. 6 meals a day, 1.5g of protein per lb you way (give or take) and lots of simple carbohydrates, as well as a few servings of veggies.

I'm not going to do any lifting. I've been doing pull-ups. This wont stunt my growth will it?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

dtstiachi...u hav a good point. im gettin quite helpless. iv tried everything to gain mass except supplements and taking protein. but i still remain skinny. im a bit stronger..i am fit and healthy tho which is good but i want to bulk up. im still a teen. jus turnd 17.

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"