• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loooking muscular-Please read post on second page

I am a young male on the skinny side. I am muscular, but I'm skinny, if that makes any sense at all. I want to look muscular and gain some weight. What's the best thing for this? I am working on eating a lot more than I usually do, which is a lot. I work a speed bag and do pullups. What else can I eat/ do, etc? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :karate:

Edited by ShotokanKid

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To promote muscular growth, you must lift heavy weight for repetitions of 8-12, at least 3 sets. Of course, it goes without saying that you must eat like crazy to put on the pounds.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Well, I've been eating like crazy and I've had to go to the bathroom like 4 times today. (#2) Is it possible that I'm exceeding the max amount of food I can take in?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Is it possible that I'm exceeding the max amount of food I can take in?

Its very possible. You have to be very careful about eating more. If you eat too much, or aren't doing enough to actually build strength, you can just get fat.

As others have said, you probably want to incorporate a weight lifting routine.

I would eat a little more than you had been before, but wouldn't go crazy with it until you see if you are getting results.

Don't look at this as a quick fix, but instead as a permanent change you are making to your training routine. Be patient and find what works for you.

i have the same problem you do.

i can tell you from experience. the most important factor in gaining muscle MASS is what you put into

your body. in your case it's a little more about how much you put in. professional body builders eat anywhere from 5 to even 7 times a day. plus all the supplements they take. to start i would just increase my meals to 4 times a day they dont all have to be big meals, you just have to keep feeding your body for it to grow. then i'd pick up some cheap whey protein (the key is protein), then take creatine powder everyday, after yoou eat, and on work out days directly after your workout.

i promise you'll get bigger.

Yep. I'm skinny like you. Here's what I did.

1. Eat

2. Eat more

3. Lift heavy, pyramid heavier weight and fewer reps. Do sets of 10-8-6-4-10 reps with heavier weight each set, then the last set of 10 being light

3. Eat 1g of protein per pound of body weight each day

4. Take supplements - go to a GNC or https://www.eas.com

Last, look at the Gracies. They are wiry but strong. Do what you can but be glad your metabolism and body type will fight the fat when you're older.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Just Curios Shotakan Kid,

How old are you?

If you are still a teenager, you still have some growing to do. I was a beanpole until my 2nd year in college. Now I am a good height and weight. I have filled out and now I can focus on trimming up and "looking ripped" Think about that and hurt yourself because you still might be able to grow into your early 20's

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."