• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help me get a good W/O schedule PLEASE!

As for running, 5 miles a day is not too much. I did it all through last summer. Marathon runners run 100+ miles a week without injury, so your safe at 5 a day.

I agree that he could probably do it everyday, or just about (remember that marathon runners have been training for years), but I'm just saying it would be better to (1), actually work up from 5 miles instead of just running 5 miles all the time, and (2), do sprint training instead on some days because he is not training only for endurance.

power lifters don't train that way. A body builder wouldn't, as you won't build much size. look into "power to the people", a book by pavel tsatsouline. neuromuscular training is to put on strength without alot of added size.

Thanks, I'll look into it. In the mean time, my educated but certainly not expert opinion is that he should not train the same parts daily.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

even marathoners don't run like that daily. There are some guys in my gym who recently ran a half marathon, and a guy who marathons somewhere. They only do long distance runs like three days a week. the other days, they do shorter, faster paced runs and light weight lifting.

Thanks, I'll look into it. In the mean time, my educated but certainly not expert opinion is that he should not train the same parts daily.

cool. I haven't had any probs out of it so far, but I recently started splitting my routine up because I added more exercises. the program revolves around a few compound ecxercises that work pretty much every muscle in the body to some extent. since you are doing low sets as well as low reps, the body doesn't get so fatigued that you need to rest as much as you would with a mass building program.

since im a track super star (5 min mile) at only 5' 3'' I know I can deal with 5 miles every day since I actually have been in a 25 mile marathon and a 10 mile bridge run. Im more worried about the weights and lifting part of the program Im trying to do.

Chunk Kuk Do in SC! I love Club Karate!

okay, that poses a different issue... I've heard that for some reason, excessive running inhibits growth of type I fibers. type II will grow, but you can't achieve maximal growth unless both are growing.

I would recommend in a training schedule to include the following:

Martial Skills (Basics, Kata, Kumite etc)

Agility Skills

Speed training

Explosive power skills (plyometric exercises)

Anaerobic endurance

Muscle strength development (weight training)

Time planning and organisation

Research and study

Goal setting

Goal monitoring and training analysis

Don't over look the advice in these books:

http://www.warriorforce.com/warriorfitness.html

http://www.warriorforce.com/ultimatewarrior.html

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing