• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Koryu Uchinadi Kempo Jutsu

koryu

I was wondering who all has had any training in this style. This is the style taught by Kyoshi McCarthy. I know that several people have attended seminars and so forth. I wanted to get everyone's opinion of the style. I found a dojo in the area that teaches this style and the Sensei is a student of Kyoshi McCarthy. I've heard a lot about McCarthy during my years of training and am very into the traditional training. From what I understand he is one of the foremost experts of traditional Okinawan Karate. Just want to get anyone's opinion of this.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

I have trained in Koryu Uchnadi.

First I trained under one of Sensei McCarthy's senior students. He was unable to keep his dojo open so I started training at the Hombu Dojo in Brisbane. Sensei McCarthy taught there during the day and the after hours sessions were generly run by his students. Few people attended the after hours because they trained for most of the day.

After that I took up Goju Ryu although, my Sensei also tained under Sensei McCarthy so he does teach some of the Koryu Uchnadi kihon. There is also another black belt in Koryu Uchinadi who traines with us in Goju Ryu.