• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Painful Feet

kris

I have noticed over the last few training sessions that the soles of my feet mainly the arches ache very badly, a bit like cramp.

I have been told I may have flat feet or fallen arches but I don't really know.

The pain is starting to be really distracting when I'm trying to train and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I can do about it.

Thanks

Kris

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I get the same thing, and I have almost no arches. I've always had flat feet since I was a child however. If this is a consistant problem for you, I recommend seeing a doctor about it.

If you have had good arches your whole life and they are starting to "fall" then you need to see a doctor and invest into some specialy made orthodics for your footwear.

Take care of the problem now before it gets worst. Trust me you don't want flat feet, it will pain you in many situations.

I'd have to agree with Dijita.. if this continues, see a podiatrist..

About my freshman year in high school, during basketball, I began getting terrible knee and ankle pains.. Sure enough, flat feet. Saw a podiatrist and I have been wearing orthodics for about 5 years..

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Thanks for your replies, I have had this problem for years but generally if I'm wearing trainers it doesn't bother me too much.

It has been getting worse in Karate, sometimes I notice the pain but it doesn't bother me much if at all, Tuesday night the pain was pretty bad and I was losing my concentration.

I'm going again tonight so I shall see what happens. I've got my next Grading the Sunday after next so don't want to mess it up just because my feet hurt! I will make an appointment to see the doctor before then.

Just out of interest do you know what sort of thing the doctor might suggest to help.