• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

horror flicks

Davison

I also like the old 30's movies. Lon Chaney, Bela Lagosi, Boris Carloff definitly started it all. I remember watching wolfman when I was very young and it scared the crap out of me. The original Dracula was also neat to watch. I definitly love the gore in todays movies. I love to think to myself, how the hell did the do that effect, that is bad*!@! I've always got into the special effects part of horror movies. At one point, I was going to enrole at Tom Savini's school of effects in Pennsylvania. It is a 16 month degree in special effects that includes animatronics, human anatomy,claymation work and different kinds of mask making as well as a ton of other cool stuff to learn. If that is what you want to get in to for a career, then Savini's school can get you there.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not allowed to watch horror movies :lol:

But seriously...I'm not. The closest I've ever come to seeing one is the Scary Movie series, or maybe Final Destination. :(

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

hey, im new btw :)

i have to say the Ginger Snaps Trillogy is 'the' best horror films i've seen. i seriously recomend watching these! the grudge was creepy! very jumpy. as for SAW, i hate it, it's the worst film ive seen i reccon. the acting is... well :cry:

My childhood scary movies are 'It', 'Child's play', and 'Grimlens'

since then i'm kinda scared to watch horror movies, but the ones that really freak me out are 'event horizon', 'grudge', 'jeepers creepers' (just the name alone freaked me out) 'Ginger snaps' (especially) all 'child's play' movies, and lately I can't watch any horror movies coming out last year and this year. i'm not a good scary movie person. :o

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

Ya, I loved Steven King's "It "also. The clown was very creepy. You have to love a scary movie that lasts almost 4 hrs. Ginger Snaps was pretty cool.I have not seen the sequel but I liked the first one. I love werewolf flicks.The Howling series is probably my favorite but I also liked Steven Kings "silver Bullet".

I ve always liked the poltergeist movies. The preacher in the second one scares my wife silly.

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match

I want to get Ju-On now though, because I think it will a lot scarier.

I preferred Ju-On to The Grudge, although I thought that The Grudge was an excellent film.

My faves are:

The Scream Trilogy (sheer class and a great way to resurrect the slasher movies genre)

Ju-On/The Grudge

The Ring

Saw

Halloween & Halloween H2O

Hellraiser

Dawn of the Dead (but Shaun of the Dead is even better IMO!)

The Exorcist

It

Carrie

House of 1000 Corpes

Psycho

Friday the 13th

Dracula

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, not the re-make)

Blade

Interview With The Vampire

Anything with Jean Claude Van Damme in it - his films are so bad it's scary... :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I liked House Of 1000 Corpses but it really reminded me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It even had one of the actors in it from the 2nd chainsaw film. Still cool but very close in simularity.

• 2 weeks later...

The Grude was not scary actually that was quite funny. The Jason's movies was not scary. Freddy was a little scary. The Ring was terrible. The Dawn of the Dead was bull. Really in general, not many movies scared me execpt for Final Destination because of we didn't know where death was coming. It was ok- horror movies and I just don't mix. Plus- Texas Chainsaw Massacre- was not scary. lol- I can't stop talking about it.

Life is a book, you have to read it to achieve it- invent your own novel

Ah, well, I never said I found them scary... That was just a list of movies I liked. I don't scare easily - I thought The Exorcist was funny and most slasher flicks are amusing too. One of the few films that scared me was What Lies Beneath. But that was more 'jumpy' than downright scary.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!