• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How fast can you run a 2.4km =1.5miles

Hi, I've started running as a beginner around 3-4 months now, I ran to a shop only a street away and was out of breth now I did improve alot;

My 2.4km record arena track time,

10.20 Last month

10.09 Last week

Aiming to get around mins 9.45 min in 1-2 months time....

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my 1.5 mile time umm 8 minutes maybe? My 2 mile time is just a shade over 11 minutes, so I'm not sure. It's great that you've started running, it's one of the best ways to get in shape, just be careful of your knees though.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

My 2 mile time is just a shade over 11 minutes, so I'm not sure. It's great that you've started running, it's one of the best ways to get in shape, just be careful of your knees though.

A 5:30 mile is smoking. I'm lucky to be under 7 minutes for one mile. I usually run five miles just under a 9:00 minute pace. Keep it up.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Sheesh! You guys are good! I have to run 1.5 miles for my BB test in 12 minutes .... yea right (at this point). My fastest was 18 minutes, but that was brisk walking, not running. Of course I got till next spring (2006) to improve on that for my BB test, so I'm not worried (well, kind of LOL). It's not easy for someone like me who has athsma (sp?) but its not impossible either ;)

Laurie F

Just keep going, those strides get easier and easier the more you run. Like I said, just watch the knees. Run on soft ground as much as possible, and keep track of what you run, and how you run. Don't overdo it trying to make huge gains, or injuries happen, and those are huge setbacks. Good luck with your running. Oh and drink tons of water. I'm sure you knew that, but it's good to reiterate.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I'm consistent with my running but I'm not very fast. I usually run 3 times a week, 3-4 miles per session at about 8 minutes per mile.

Res firma, mitescere nescit

I am 48 and can do it in about 9 minutes based on my current training.

However I can hold that pace over 10 miles or longer.

I have never tried just to run 1.5 miles, I am sure if thats all I had to do, I could do it faster than 9 minutes.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing