• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What the ...........

kotegashiNeo

I am goju practioner, which is a very internal art Sanchin is a form of iron shirt qigong with that in mind I had a very strange thing happen while I was doing a high level kata it seemed that all the moves were not only linked by breathing and by the pattern of the kata but by something else. I would like to simplfy this and call it qi but it wasn't at least not in a form I was farmilar with. It felt almost like a total oneness that I wasn't doing a sequence of moves but one move that was linked by the energy of the preceding movement, it flowed only for a second and once I noticed it, it was gone, does anyone know what it was or what the......... I am talking about cause I am at quite a loss. It feels like I am on the edge of understanding something quite crucial and any sugguestions and opinons would be welcome.

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It felt almost like a total oneness that I wasn't doing a sequence of moves but one move that was linked by the energy of the preceding movement, it flowed only for a second and once I noticed it, it was gone

hmmm... this makes me think of something i read somewhere. i dont remember where i read but here it goes.

Every thing has an end, except the mind. A punch most end but the mind's intent remains- dont remembre where i read it

anyway ever think that maybe you had really good concentration and in a way your body and mind were perfectly balanced. I dont know really this is just a geuss so nobody flame me please. good luck with your training!

don't fear the journey ahead, never look back, never look down.

"It flowed for a second and once i noticed it it was gone", as sparmaster put it ,your body and mind were probabily balanced, and at the same time, you were operating on the subconscious level, responding from instinct and without thought for the moment, then it was lost when the thought re-entered the conscious thought process. Its a nasty moment for all of us who train, because we then land up trying to find that again, and we consciously seek what is only sub-conscious.

Just a thought, i could be wrong.

Without long practice one cannot suddenly understand Tai Chi : - Tai Chi Classics

Another person was asking questions on ki/chi, and I brough up a similar feeling in my reply. The best way that I could describe the feeling of ki is while performing kata, specifically Sanchin kata. I know the feeling that you are describing, although it is difficult to describe in detail. It is something obtained sub-consciously, and when you think about it, it goes away. When the body is in proper alignment, being in posture, execution of technique, and blood flow (meridian alignment), you will achieve such a feeling. Ki is best described as a life energy or life force. When everything is just "right". "The feeling of oneness" is a very good description of ki. Keep working and studying your kata, and you will achieve this feeling much more often. I have studied Sanchin kata in detail for over 9 years, and can obtain such a feeling almost every time I perform it. Although Sanchin is not the only kata that I have felt this in, it is the best one to learn alignment and posture and this will carry over to your other kata.

Hope this helps a little, you are not alone in this feeling. Maybe I will understand more about it over the next several years.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

Is it like no-mind?

Somewhat, although mushin (no mind) is more related to combat as a result of training. You should not have to think about the moves in the kata while running it, as stated in the 5th Chinese precept "Techniques will occur in the absence of conscious thought"

"On Ko Chi Shin"

I would best explain it as two techniques became one and then i realized that I was doing one kata not a series of movements but what lead me to this intuitive realization was that breath was connected in everything we do and as is our muscles and our mind and then i lost the feeling but it was something else do I have any students of zen in the house ? I think the sensation and zen are related somehow...........................

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro