• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Flexibility????? anybody really flexible???

15-lisa-newbie

I believe that flexibility has a lot to do with genes.

The only time that I was really flexible was when I was young and doing Taekwondo and we did forced stretching like someone sitting on your back as you stretched. I lost flexiblility quite fast when I discontinued doing forced stretching even though I continued to stretch in a normal fashion.

On the other hand, I have seen people who hardly stretch at all and are extremely flexible.

I even tried a stretching machine. I used it everyday for long periods of time. Yes, I did gain flexibility but not to the point that I wanted.

I can still kick people in the head but axe kicks....forget it!

What works works

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this and one day you will preform side & front splits

(i'm 10-15 cm away from it :D)

Pavel Tastsouline - Relax Into Stretching

And don't forget, always warm up before you do some static stretching ;)

:: Bless me father, for I have just killed quite a few men ::

https://www.tricking.be

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6186

check that out. i haven't actually read through it, i have my own stretching routine. but i'm sure there's plenty of good stuff in there. dynamic stretching every other day (your splits and the like) should do the trick :)

Thanks i will read those!! :up:

I discovered i could do the 2 side splits from dance classes when i was 12. they only improved by stretching a little more each time though...i do believe it may be in the genes, but you may also have in the genes for the extentions, there to be worked and used from practice/stretching. Hidden in there waiting to come out :brow:

be cafeful! There are many health risks to it...that's my warning, cause if you go too far and injury yourself is hurts! *for real*

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

I can do the splits with my right leg out in front, and I can do it with my left leg in front, but I can't to the middle splits --- OW!!!! It really hurts the top of my hips! Does it hurt anyone else there? I think I could to it that way if I stretched enough, but my hips get compressed, and hurt like heck :o . Anyways, I stretched and stretched and stretched every day for months on end to be able to do the splits. You know, it's a lot more fun if you race someone. I raced a sensei of mine to the splits. It was a lot of fun. (I won.) :)

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

Hey Draven Chen Zhen!

The info that you gave on stretching has really helped me even though I been trying the methods for just a short time!

Thanks again!! :D

What works works

I would say just keep pushing yourself every time you stretch, even if it is below average when you start, if you keep at it your flexablility can only get better. Most people will agree with me I think, you just have to work for it, it wont come over night.

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

My left leg can go upright, while my right over head level my right leg have 50% more power...

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

And don't forget, always warm up before you do some static stretching

Just want to emphasize this. Warming up before stretching is important to reduce the chance of injury, and it also allows you stretch further.