• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lazy Training Partners.

The Phenom

You sound like a.... Well bully. I mean no harm in this but that is a lot mean, At least say something before you hit them.

Maybe an attitude tone down would get more members, But my Dojo closed so maybe I can't advise. Although it was a 'MC' Dojo.

ha no offecnce taken. id expect the same treatment if i was being lazy.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like the idea of speaking with the Instructor. Maybe he is pairing you two up for a reason though, putting a productive student with an unproductive one so that you can help encourage him. If this is the case then you should speak with the lazy bum, tell him to step it up a notch.

Maybe a punch square to the face is incorrect, but he's on the right track; just step it up a little, come harder and faster. Throw him off rhythm and catch him not paying attention. If you are a higher belt or more senior, sometimes a stern look and/or a 'come on now, let's pay attention' will work - at least temporarily.

good luck, let us know the outcome.

Laziness and martial arts dont mix very well. (just to show them) when your sparring, and they're feeling lazy, beat the snot out of them, im sure they'l change their attitudes, if its the warm ups theyre felling lazy with, advise them, without stretching and warming up, they could seriously injure themselves, or you. and i wouldnt want to be injured, just because my partner was being lazy and pestimistic.

"you wouldnt care what people thought of you, if you knew how seldom they really did."

You guys hit the nail on the head with this being a problem.

It been a major problem for me working with lazy people. It actualy makes me not want to do anything also. I tried all your suggestion on my own before but they never work for the long term. That lazy person or personS don't change there ways so easy.

I could write a book on this but I got to get to cleaning my house.

I think it really maters on the enthusiasm and motivation skills of the instructors. They must be able to recognize those lazy persons and help them to shape up or ship out.