• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do Black-Belts have to register themselves as weapons

I don't think that this is right. Decisions in the midst of a fight should be happen so fast that it borders on instinct, because it is instinct mostly. I don't think that a col would worry about which technique you used to defend yourself with.

I got this information from my father's cousin who is an Inspector with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, so I can assure you that this information is correct in Canada. Other countries, however, I have no idea.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

• 7 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody once told me that you could be charged with attempted murder if you hit someone and it wasn't in a self defence situation (in the UK). Probably rubbish though.

Have to say that it is now legal in England if trespassers in your home pose a risk to your safety they you are allowed to defend yourself even if it means the death of the trespasser.

You can actually be charged if you hit somebody (and cause injury) if they hit you first. It is the same as if they attack you with a knife you can't pull out a gun and shoot them or disarm them and then stab them with their own knife. And you have to inform them that you have been trained in martial arts and that you will use necessary force if required