• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many pushups can you do?

ShotokanKid

I'm doing a Navy Seal Workout System so it's 4 sets of 15 pushups, 4 sets of 20 sit ups and 3 sets of 3 pullups, non stop, just keep switching

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also progressive

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Although the most pushups I have done in a row is 70, I'm pretty confident I could do more. Let me try right now[, starting off with a fairly wide stance pushup]...

Eh, not absolutely perfect form, but close. 73. This is after a workout, so I might be able to beat this by ten or fifteen come sunday.

There are other measures, for instance, how to do pyramid endurance pushups.

It's an idea I got from Benny "The Jet" Urquadez' book. You do

one pushup,

stand up,

turn around,

one pushup,

standup turn around and do two and so on up to ten,

And so on down to one again.

All told it's 200 pushups. The question is how fast you can do them and how much spring you put into pushing into a standing position. As of now, I can't do it too fast, but have never measured myself. It's too late to do them tonight, but I'll give that a shot come sunday evening.

Frankly, I don't know how I compare statistically with the general population.

But my main concern is "If I had to, could I use that strength in the seconds or moments when I really need it!!?"

A guy came up to me and id he could do 60 pushup, I watched and said to him do it properly he manged to do about 22, I can max out 35 - 52 Proper it depends,

That's exactly what it's all about. I found my greatest strength gains occur when I really focus my mind on the technique. It allows you to apply greater power when you are really tired.

It's an idea I got from Benny "The Jet" Urquadez' book. You do

one pushup,

stand up,

turn around,

one pushup,

standup turn around and do two and so on up to ten,

And so on down to one again.

Turn around? A spin? That will make me really dizzy, especially with my nystagmus.

Oh boy I'm really not in your league!! If I do 15 really well done push-ups I'm done. I'm 5'11 200 lbs (weighed 185 last summer) and I could never have even imagined doing 50 real good push-ups at this weight. Not that I'm weak, I've always graded above average in strength tests (for hockey). I don't know I guess I ain't good at them. But I really do believe that push-ups are not really important for getting good at martial arts or earning a black belt - hell if this was the case I'd have no chance (and I hate doing push-ups!!!!!)

p.s. Perhaps I should slack the beer a bit - ha Canadians!! :lol:

Just curious here, but when you guys doing pushups over 100 are you touching your chest to the floor each time? Or is it more of the 90 degree angle at the elbow bouncing style? I see some record breakers just dropping from the top and catching themselves at the bottom.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• 3 weeks later...