• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

your belt is too long

informer

I like mine broken in, but not wimpy and flimsy. The belts we use are generally pretty thick, so they hold up really well. I hate new belts- all stiff and they never hold a knot, and the ends curl up really wierd depending how you store a belt. For length, I prefer about 12" out either end of the knot- so it's about mid thigh, or maybe just above the knee.

I was growing attached to my old blue belt- had the droop just right, and it didn't fight the knot any more. Now I just have to train myself and my new green belt harder to get it right.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be no longer than mid-thigh or your jacket. Anything longer looks silly. Growing kids will still be able to wear them until their next test. The greatest problem is young BB who expect to wear the same belt into adulthood so the sensei gets one to reach mid-shin. Now whenever they kick, the belt flies up. This could be addressed by instituting a Jr. BB.

Stiff belts will loosen up w/ practice. Anyone who washes or otherwise artificially "breaks-in" a belt is faking the hard work.