• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whoa this smells fishy!!

Few consideration.

He may be world class in his martial art and maybe he's more mature than an average kid of his age I would have no problem to learn from him as an instructor but I think to be an head instructor you need to have a maturity level that comes with age because the head instructor is not only a guy/gul who teach you how to kick punch and throw ... he needs to have deep inside in the art , good knoledge of how the human body works and the ability to run a dojo both from technical and from the organization side.

BTW in my karate organization here in Italy you are not allowed to be an head instructor until you are a 4th Dan. Since it takes 12 years min. to get 4th Dan starting from Shodan and you cannot be Shodan before 14 (or 16 I don't remember), the minimum age to be head instrutor is 26 ( or 28 ) which I think is reasonable.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus this guy is 15, his muscles wont have properly developed yet. Honestly i think its a bit of a marketing ploy (sp) they get a kid who can teach to be head instructer so people come and watch a kid instruct

I think it could be a good thing to have an insturctor of his age. There could be a great exchange of knowledge between him and an older student

He could teach them a new form, and they could teach him how to drive!!!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

but guys....

we're talking about performance arts here, not hard core self defence. if you're going to learn/practice performance arts, then who would you rather learn with/from, the guy who used to win 35 years ago or the guy who is winning now?

you talk about age and experience being important factors but in his field, this guy has more experience than you.

'context' people.... 'context'....

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.