• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what uniform & sparing gear do you use

hahah I love them man for real they got our logo real big on the back. I should wear it to work! :lol: :lol:

I assume they pay you for the free advertising you're supplying for them? :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karategi Size 6 (I have 3, 2 inexpensive from getfit and 1 from Adidas).

Mouth guard, Groin protector(Sphinx), shin guards (Sphinx), and kumite gloves (??? I don't remember the brand).

• 8 months later...

Pro force 50/50 heavyweight in size 5

Shureido 100% heavyweight (NEVER AGAIN!!!) in size 5.

Tournament sparring - Regular century foam dipped hand/shin/foot/head gear, chest protector, cup by revgear.

Street/defense sparring, cup and shin pads.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

MW karate pants, a polyester dry weave t-shirt.

Gloves are 16 oz leather, of which I have a few pairs or Grappling gloves, of which my favorite pair comes from boes.

Cloth shin / instep

Adidas Wrestling shoes

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Black heavyweight and/or medium weight Rheemax and/or Century Gi, cenutry MMA gloves, mouth guard.....that's it.

If I'm actually for some reason doing point sparring then I wear sparring gloves, feet, and I wear the head gear only if I'm competing.

"Question oneself, before you question others"

I have 5 uniforms. The first one I got in Tang Soo Do is a size 4 Proforce light weight. It's the only uniform that fits me the best (no rolling up the sleeves or rolling the waiste in the pant), besides my Jujitsu gi. My TSD sparring gear (head gear, boots, and hand gear) were from Macho (I gave them away when I started TKD).

My TKD uniforms are all size 4, but from three different makers. Centery, Bold, and .... I have to look on the other one. I forget now. They don't fit right either. The tops fit good, but the pants are too big (the waiste is too high and they are wide ... looks like "clown pants" LOL). My sparring gear is a mixer of brands. I bought whatever fit LOL.

My jujitsu gi is a size 3 "no-name" brand Judo gi. Single weave (bleached). It fit's perfect, though. No sparring gear required ;) Just pain tolerance (sp?) :o :D

I'm jealous that some of you have black gi/doboks. I want one (insert little girl voice begging for it hehehehe). But my sensei said I can buy black pants for Jujitsu WHOOHOOO!

Laurie F