• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most spectacular martial sport.

What is, in your opinion the most spectacular martial sport? (I mean with fighting not talking about forms). I watched K1 monday on eurosport and saw K1 MMA competitions and as far as spectacularity I was definively not impressed.

The best martial sport to watch for me is still kickboxing (K1 or any style).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For me it would be TKD .. when they are not hopping .. I've seen some matches at the Olympics and I was taken aback by the fact people (undoubtedly very skilled) were trying to go on counters instead of attacks. That led to those agonizing moments they wouldn't touch each other ... but when they did .. Oh awesome. I'm a fan of leg techniques and these people know their stuff. I also consider as spectacular our Shotokan bouts. Sometimes people exchance hits so fast you can't count them even in slow motion.

I think all martial artist who are able to throw a punch or a leg technique could be very spectacular.

I've seen some brutal full-contact matches. Those can get pretty good. One of the guys I used to train with actually ring-outted someone with a side kick.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Shidokan Open, Ultimate Test, Sabaki Challange, or any other knockdown style event. I still get butterflys in my stomach when knockdown is on the menu for the day. When I am fighting and even when I am not.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

I have to say, I do not agree about the spectacularity of TKD. I definitly do not like the Olympic version (I prefer Judo if we are talking about MA at the Olympics).

But anyhow it is a matter of taste....

WTF TKD can be very spectacular in that they do alot of flying kicks etc

More traditional karate (and definitely more traditional TKD eg ITF) matches can be very spectacular too.

K1 can also be.

BLAH! everything!

Judo. all judokas have great reaction speed, and in judo match you waste energy a lot more than for example in karate match. Because in judo match you can't rest a second. even though it looks like judokas are standing still they are losing energy because they have to stay alerted and look for opening places and do things like that. so the ultimate sport art is JUDO

What hurts you but doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

if flying kicks are your thing, try capoeira. now that is spectacular.

as for all out fighting...I like any no-holds-barred- style of full-contact fighting.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous