MA Regrets

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I have started MA before. In my twentys for example. Now I would be something like 20 years in MA. And starting earlier I could even compete in turnements... now in my 40s it is a little late for that.

My biggest regret? For the 4 years we lived in Colorado, me and my most excellent friend and training partner Skeptic2004 (who even though I owe much of my development to his continual training partnership, he keeps talking me up in his posts...stop that :wink: ) didn't realize that about 80 miles away, there lived this 7th Dan in our system who was simply amazing. We trained with him on multiple occasions during that last half-year and thanks to him we were able to travel and meet one of the best martial artists I've heard of and met, but it just kills me to know that he was there that whole time and we didn't know it.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Perhaps my regret would be not being able to advance further in my original style of Kenpo. Unfortunately, my original instructor went in for his military commitment, and his instructor went back into the military as well. Both are still in the military, and close to retirement, however neither one has had the time to continue training on a regular basis given the current world events.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I had to leave the first dojo I studied at because of a move to a different state, and didn't take up training again for several years. I'm now back in it, and beating myself up for not finding the dojo I'm at sooner.

I regret that i didnt continue karate when i was 9 or so. I didnt do any martial art after that. i could have beneficiated the big impact MAs has on me a lot earlier.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

I too regret leaving my home TKD school...but my journey has taken a different path that is as unique as the first one was. I hold many fond memories among the pangs of loss, and someday I may feel the same about my current school...so for now I look to the future.

As far as other regrets, this is a g-rated forum so I'll pass!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/