• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why Martial art

With all the weapons on the streets.Why do we keep pratice an old way of fighting.Is it only for the exercice or there is something more deeper to it.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. not everybody carrys a weapon.

2. Most figts start our in close proximity to each other. ID: grabbing, swinging haymakers, physiocally approaching you with obvious intent to attack, etc.

3. Your average person on the street has no clue of how to effectively defend themselves or others.

I'm sure there are other reasons...exercise of course...and just plain FUN!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Haha I agree with shorinryu..ya can't expect everybody to have a weapon, but even if so, there ARE weapons martial arts out htere...take the kalis for instance...a phillipino system...very useful and very traditional. How about Krav Maga? The Israeli army uses that for defense on the streets and weaponry.

I do it just for the love of it......I think its awesome learning new things.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I agree, self defence is just a side of the story and, for me, not the most important... fun comes first, exercise come second... and self defence comes third.

I got started with MA because I was obsessed with Jackie Chan, but now its become like a lifestyle for me. I can't imagine myself not taking MA. It has physical, mental, and social benefits, plus its just fun! :D

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

The martial arts provides physical and emotional balance. Achieving this balance is likened to a runner's high. This balance allows you to make smarter choices in your everyday living. Choices that may prevent you from being in a situation where physical harm may occur, this is the short answer.

"And it is this lack of fear that makes for the dance" - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

(https://www.loudounmartialarts.com)