• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How are your karate classes?

Souldburned

I mean, here why do train twice a week ( sometimes 3 times, or 4 times a week). Before starting the train we play basket and we run a bit. Then we start the train with ligher things. ( oh i forgot to mention that we have l 2 trainings in the same day, the first one is for"children" and the ones that can´t come to the second training, and the second training is for people over 12/13 years, i´m usualy i both trainings, because I´ve only start doing karate half an year ago and I want to learn more stuff ). We finish the training with katas. the second trainning is usually an only katas trainning..

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My club trains officially for three days out of the week. Sundays count as our fourth day of the week, but class is lead by senior members instead of our sensei, and is generally relaxed with more sparring and other fun things. Since I am too busy during the week to make our training sessions, I usually train Saturday and Sunday.

The club I am in here at the U meets 3 days a week.. with an option to attend our Sensei's dojo on saturday morning.. (although I'm not in club this semester, due to my schedule.... i take a course through the U, 2 days a week, option for saturday)

Kata towards the end.. that sounds vaguely familiar... we don't really have a set routine during training, but when we work on kata, it is usually towards the end, after we have worked on basics/kumite a while.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

In our school we train 2 to 2.5 hours per class. Classes are available 6 days per week.

Warm up exercises are done first. Then followed by practising basic stances.

This is followed by basics, then kata and finishing off with kumite, then the dojo is cleaned, everything except the roof.

Its a tough two hours or so and most students go home so tired they are only able to rest or perhaps sleep.

We train very hard in the exact same way as it is done in HQ in Japan.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

My class train 3 times a week, unfortunately due to family reasons I can attend only twice a week. In order to overcome this problem a take two classes in a row ( traditional and sport karate class) for a total of 2 1/2 hour for a session. In the traditional class we do warm-up,stretching, kihon and kata or kumite or drills or bunkai depending on the period.

Then I join the sport karate class after their warm-up (I'm already warmed-up from the previous class) and we do power training and sport point sparring.