Are you a...  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a...

• Aggressive/lead fighter
    • Deceptive/counter fighter
    • Equal mixture of both

Hi,

what's your personality when sparring?

I tend to be an aggressive figher, just the opposite of my personality outside the dojo. Maybe is because of my previous kickboxing experience.

Of course we adjust our fighting attitude depending on the opponent but please select the third option only if you feel really a very balanced mixture of aggressive and counter behaviour.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a very defensive fighter and prefer my opponent be aggressive and push the attack.

However, if I see an obvious opening that he's not protecting (IE: hands held high in typical boxer style to protect his face) I will attack. By by nature and training, I will normally let the other person be the aggressor.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I agree with Shorin Ryu......I usually wait for the ooponent to make his move, which leaves openings that I try to exploit.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Hey Shorin Ryuu...what's that pic of under your name? It looks like an index fingertip that was dipped in a Tidyman protected toilet bowl. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

It's an Iraqi finger dipped in ink after the person voted.

Edit: I was lazy trying to find a really good one last night, maybe I'll make it more obvious.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Hey...I was actually pretty close with the Tidybowl thing then! lol :D

It's an Iraqi finger dipped in ink after the person voted.

Edit: I was lazy trying to find a really good one last night, maybe I'll make it more obvious.

Nice idea!!!

I'm more of a counterfighter by nature. My deceptive appearance and demenar catch my opponents off guard. (I'm a lot quicker than I look)

When there is an opening I attack whole heartedly.

When they get overconfident I take advantage of their recklessness.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I had to say 'Equal mixture of both' because of the nature of my sport. I compete under WTF (Olympic style) rules. While I like to counter attack I know that the judges give the advantage in a tie breaker to the aggressor. So I have to launch attacks so I can have that edge if it's a tie.

Another reason to be aggressive is that the judges will be watching you. It's human nature to watch where the action is. If they are watching me then there's a better chance they'll see my scores and miss my opponent's.

Also, by being aggressive you can easily set up traps. There are many people who just want to sit back and counter. I like messing with their heads and set up a trap. I'll get them to think I'm going to launch a certain attack, or I'll see how they counter a certain attack, and then I'll fake it and I'll counter their counter. Works like a charm!

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes