• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What martial art is good against one who knows martial arts

As far as style I would have to say that JKD would probably be very effective against say a Karate guy because it incorperates many styles, however from what I have studied there is only stand up and clinch, there is very little ground element, so I sugest learning JKD and a grappling style to go with it like BJJ

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as anyone will have noticed - the most martial arts that are generally considered to be the most effectice are the ones that train very hard, and combine striking grappling techniques, and dont focus entirely on one ofthem.

the best thing to do is to know your opponent and know yourself. when fighting another martial artist, it is important to remember all the techniques and skills you've learned and developed over your training. apply all your knowledge and use good strategy. as martial artist you have to be prepared for any attacker no matter what his style or level of training.

well, as a general guideline for self defense:

1. act to defend yourself

2. I'f you couldntovercome your oponent,try to analyze the style.

3. learn to notice weak points in the opponent's style.

4. defend yourself or get out of a dangerous situation-(better alive than dead)

Study a lot, not so you know a lot of styles, but to master the one you know.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

hmm..I think you want to know what is most powerfull martial art.. I think it should be some which has all..kicks, punches, knees, elbows, low-kick, throws, parter and so on.. such martial art should be very powerful

Part of my training is in highly focused power techniques. Another part is in rapid overkill surgical hits. However, another part feeds on power and in being attacked by it. To this part of my internalized training, pure power techniques are a flaw by way of which I will endeavor to defeat the opponent/s. Their strength is their weakness. They are too invested in it. This approach views power as potential weakness because it is limited by its own nature allowing for interception, redirection, and almost simultaneous retaliation.

Power techniques that are selectively and stratigically applied according to the demands of the moment are often quite productive and must be respected. However, this refers to a fighter who is not limited to only this class of techniques but who can call upon them if and when doing so is appropriate. A person who is a pure power fighter is a limited fighter.

Form is Void, Being is Nothingness

exactly - you need to be rounded..... however different styles have advantages over otehr styles - hence why a lot of successful MA cross train.