• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your greatest achievement in the martial arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe day my first student took his exam for shodan was the most nervous and the best day of my life. He was very well prepared and had worked hard, but I did every step of the grading with him!

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

The day I recieved my Shodan. I was fifteen at the time, and I was the second person under eightteen that he had ever promoted to black belt, and then when I presented my brown belt to a younger student.

Malanovaus

Okinawan Goju-Ryu

Karate ni sente nashi

The answers are on the floor

• 1 month later...

i'd have to say my greatest achievement was one of my sparring matches. i am 3rd kyu and i was going up against this 2nd kyu guy. we developed a nice friendly rivalry. in one of the matches, i pulled a jackie chan on him. i dodged all hits, no blocking. struck fast and consistently, getting points in one hit, never being blocked. i baseball slid between his legs to avoid going out of the ring and while standing up backfisted him out of the ring. the funny thing is that earlier that day he sparred my sensei and won :lol: . my sensei wouldnt spar me that day. he said that he hurt his ankle sparring david (the other guy) but we all know why :P . my greatest achievement was this instance of being so much "in the zone"

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

lol , Kitsune_no_tama .

My highest achivment was about 4 month ago when i participated in an international tournament ( the 3rd mid east open kyokushin karate tournament ) and i was placed 3rd in my weight categorie , i think that was a major achivement since it was my first time to compete in a foriegn country .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

My greatest personal achievement would have to be achieving my first degree. I went through seven moves, 9 schools, 5 styles before I got there.

My greatest "Brag" achievement is a tossup between finishing top 10 World rankings, 2001 ATA, and finishing as an alternate in an Air Force TKD team selection tournament. Some DAMNED good competitors.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I haven't been taking martial arts long enough for anything spectacular, but I do have two cool things that I am proud of.

1. I was amazed the first time I realized this: I no longer flinch if I get punched in the face while sparring.

2. Once, while timed sparring, I ducked a cresent kick to the head. I stood up really fast, catching the kick on my shoulder. If he hadn't been so much taller than me, he'd have fallen. Since he is about a foot taller than me, I caught him with a few punches to the ribs and one to the groin before he got free. It was definitely the coolest thing I have ever pulled off.

36 styles of danger

Being told by my Instructor that under no circumstance was I to miss the England sparring trials.

Also winning four British sparring championships and one forms championship in the four years I have been in TKD.

In Karate was my 3rd dan grading, the grading was almost seven hours and I came out with bruised ribs. That is what you get in a free-for-all, but I loved it. I was smiling for a week even when my g/f decided to poke me in the ribs. :D

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

Greatest accomplishments (so far):

1. Having two of my students, both 2nd Dans, teaching and being honorable Tae Kwon Do black belts.

2. Coaching a student who specifically asked for my help to the sparring gold medal at an Organization tournament several years back. I later helped him try out for and make the Demonstration Team.

Greatest personal accomplishment:

Testing for 4th Dan in front of my Instructor's colleagues, including Grandmaster Hae Man Park. It was by far my best test.

Queen Padme: "So this is how Democracy dies-with thunderous applause."

Annikin Skywalker: "You're either with me or against me!"

Obi-won Kenobi: "That is the Way of the Sith!"