• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

should i get ankle weights??

the tkder

ankle weights can make you jump higher. im also a bball player and i know a lot of people who used/are using them. however, the results highly depend on how you use them, and they are as good as you might think. i know too many people who weakened their joints so i think the possibility of doing so outweights the potential benefits.

it seems like you already made up your mind. when you do get them, please be very cautious and ask for assistance from a coach, an fitness trainer or anybody qualified to guide you in your training.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

because ankle weights help with being able to move quicker, you want to train all of your upper legsin order to be able to jump higher, ankle weights don't do this. think about it for a sec... when you jump, what body part are you using to jump? your upper legs muscles mostly, by putting ankle weights on, you don't put any more strain on your thighs than if you didn't have anything at all.

something that also would work well are squats, i know they work, the thing i DON'T know is whether or not you should use less weight and do more reps at more of a cardio pace, or do more weight and just try to do it quickly.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.