• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings.

oscar

I am 47, not in bad shape, but feeling the need to do more to keep it that way as the years add up. New to MA, new to this forum. I have started training with a local Karate school here in Bethlehem, PA. Sensei is teaching a style which combines traditional with non traditional to emphasize self defense. Self defense is a good skill to have for me, as I am an airline pilot, and frequently find myself in parts of the world where the rule of law is somewhat lacking. And, it's a great workout. We have started Kata, and my first question is, whether there is a good on-line source to help study and practice Kata at home.....?

Thank you, Oscar.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HI Oscar! :wave:

Because katas often vary from school to school, you should ask your Sensei for a source of instructional material that matches his way so your home study will not conflict with how your Sensei is teaching it.

What works works

Hi and welcome to KF. My instructor was also a pilot for many years. I believe he started flying in the marines and then flew for a commercial airline. Great to have you here enjoy! :D

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius