• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Place

Taku-Shimazu

What is the most efficient Training place?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most efficient Training place?

• Forest
    • Dojo
    • Streets
    • The Dark (To improve allertness)

"Tai Chi can draw Chi/Ki from nature into yourself, the practitioner"

I am sorry, I have to disagree with that statement. There is no magic force you can muster on demand.

Chi or Ki in Japanese, is simply focusing all your concentration and power on one point when you attack.

Many people mistake a heightened fighting spirit as some kind of magic force and that is simply not the case.

As for getting it from nature that is beyond the realm of belief. I dont know of any legitimate MA schools that teachs that concept.

In all my 41 years of training I dont know of any good school that teaches that at all. Even in Japan when I was there I never heard that.

Honestly that sounds like a Hollwood MA myth.

Heightened fighting experience, What? I was talking about Tai Chi Yang form, where is the fighting in that? I was talking about health where did you get that from?

You say you don't know of any school that teaches that, you need to go to a Tai Chi master and say that, Then he will strike you down. :lol:

Hollywood MA myth, You have just lost my interest as this topic is a discrace to MA, only Hong kong can make good movies.

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heightened fighting experience, What? I was talking about Tai Chi Yang form, where is the fighting in that? I was talking about health where did you get that from?

yang style has combat applications. the problem is finding someone who can teach them.

You say you don't know of any school that teaches that, you need to go to a Tai Chi master and say that, Then he will strike you down. :lol:

No, he won't. The major difference between internal and external MA is body mechanics. they generate power differently.

Forest is pointless? you obviously have never trained there, the Chi/Ki in nature is far stronger than the Chi/Ki in the dead wood and bricks that make your Dojo. Tai Chi can draw Chi/Ki from nature into yourself, the practitioner.

And as for fantasy, what are you talking about? I think you got that off of a T.V. show, perhaps you need to read some Tai Chi books, maybe that would help.

that's funny... really. I trained at a cma school with taiji guys... I've met dr yang jwing ming... I don't need to read any books. I've always been an external stylist, but I've been around internalists long enough to know crap when I read it...

yang style has combat applications. the problem is finding someone who can teach them.

No, he won't. The major difference between internal and external MA is body mechanics. they generate power differently.

Agreed Seven.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

Agreed Seven.

SiK---Joshua

Yang style Tai Chi has no combat applications, Maybe you are thinking of Tai Chi Quan?

Yang style Tai Chi has no combat applications, Maybe you are thinking of Tai Chi Quan?

I hate to break this to you, but Tai Chi and Tai Chi Quan are the same there neighbor. Tai Chi Quan, or Taijiquan, is the full name meaning Supreme Ultimate Fist(approx). There are many different branches of Taijiquan, but the original format of the style was combat oriented. REAL taijiquan is combat based. The watered down meditative dance that is being taught in the West tends to move away from this.

Here is a wonderful site speaking of the combat applications of Taijiquan(Yang). Enjoy.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

You are wrong?

Tai Chi yang form is a 'Health and well-being art'

Where as Tai Chi Quan is a 'Self defence' system.

This is correct, is it not?

Seeing as you are of great knowledge, inform me about Tai Chi Quan.

You are wrong?

Tai Chi yang form is a 'Health and well-being art'

Where as Tai Chi Quan is a 'Self defence' system.

This is correct, is it not?

Seeing as you are of great knowledge, inform me about Tai Chi Quan.

There is no need for me to go into a diatribe about Taijiquan. Click the link that is in my previous post and it will show you.

Click here for a rundown on the history of the art you claim to do.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.