• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

switching styles - need goju ryu katas

SVanderkolff

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I am sorry but that kata is not strong and is heavily modified in a way I have never seen before, and I have trained in both Japanese and okinawan systems.I am speaking about the website not the DVD Morio Higaonna is first rate karateka and his DVD's are quite excellent. Bottom line though find out from your sensei what type of goju you are doing there are several houses that are notible I can help you more after I know which kan or house kata's you are doing

Yes, the web link isnt very good kata at all......the technique is there but they have no spirit to thier kata and looks very week.

The katas also look quite different from my club. Thier sanchin stances are too wide also.

hey, im from kitchener :karate:

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."

Contact me privately and Ill give you a long list of excellent resources.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

OH my, the big guy in those video is not doing goju ryu. He mihgt be doing goju ryu kata but he aint doing goju ryu LOL. The poor guy should get a refund from his teacher. He has broken every rule of goju ryu, his basics are not even up to yellow belt level.

On a different note: Tsuroka karate is very different from what John Bak teaches so hang in there and be patient, you'll have some new stances to learn.

Informer

While I certainly have no doubt that sensei Bak will teach me the katas, it would be really nice to at least know which katas he and the other seniors are referring to. I hate looking like a complete rookie as I wander around in my blue belt.

I know EGO strikes again.

Steve

Thanks for the help

Steve