• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To those who do Deep Breathing, Meditation, TaiChi....

Hello everyone. I would like to ask some help from those of you who are into Deep Breathing exercises, Meditation, TaiChi, and other Japanese or Chinese arts that deal a lot with self control, and control of the body. I am getting ready to have my first few kickboxing fights this year, and I want to be strong and focused.

I hear about a lot of people who have their first fight, or first real big Pro fight, and get adrenaline crashes, feel weak in the legs, see spots, can't focus, no power in their punches etc. I would like to avoid all of this before it get's to that point.

I'm willing to explore what ever it is you guys suggest, but if you would like to give some tips, that would be cool too. :D How can I avoid these negative effects?

Thanks! ;)

**I posted this question on another site I visit to get more responses**

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You should learn and successfully complete Yang form Tai Chi, which takes about 15mins. It helps you to stay calm and, from a fighting point of view, it helps you to reserve energy to suddenly burst out with a long 20min run of sparring/ tournament combat.

Hope this helps.

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

First of all good luck on your venture . As I am sure that you are aware competing at such a high level takes much physical discipline . Most study for long hours over many years . Strength , endurance , technique and experience are all crucial to sucess at this or any level . However , you must also discipline your self mentally as well. Determination , focus , realxation are also key to success. There must be balance !

"A man with one chopstick goes hungry" author unkown.

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

hey xnfx,

in reply to your question i would offer this

first if you are getting ready for your first big match

if you think your match will last 15 min

train as if it will last 60 min

you want to be well overly prepared

I assume you have a trainer that should be able to assist, if you dont have one get one, you need someone outside the ring watching the bad habits blossom as you get tired

do the hands drop? do you start to lead? so on and so on

as far as deep breathing, great questions

i would suggets getting some reading material

"empty force" by paul dong comes to mind

start with a quiet setting with no time frame, get comfortable and relax

make sure you have no distractions, i find its best to be alone or where no one can see you.

start slow and as time passes you will be able to do it for longer

fyi- you may encounter body shakes and other strange electric sensations

as you begin to change chi into jing

good luck with your upcoming match, keep the hands up...lol

Its all about the Chiflow

You should learn and successfully complete Yang form Tai Chi, which takes about 15mins. It helps you to stay calm and, from a fighting point of view, it helps you to reserve energy to suddenly burst out with a long 20min run of sparring/ tournament combat.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it takes 15 minutes to be executed and 2-3 years to be learnt. :lol: :lol:

It is no joke. We have the complete form splitted in 4 quarters and each quarter is the material for a belt/level test. Proficient people give 1 exam each 6 months so you can take minimum 2 years to learn it, at least at the level to take a test about it.

Yes, it takes 15 minutes to be executed and 2-3 years to be learnt. :lol: :lol:

I assume you mean the long form . Took me about a year to learn the form correctly and another five to pass my exam. Totally worth it and would do it again in a second (or six years ) :lol: :lol:

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

I wold tell you another thing.

There is something that one should not do and something that one should do.

You should do:

-mantain relaxation

-mantain deep breathing

-smile, think positive

-take the fight as a defence test or tecnique test

You should NOT do:

-Exicete

-over moving

-fall in anger

-try to hurt hardly your opponent :)

-focus on victory only

It is really difficult.

The word "Match" itself take the people in mind the fact of WIN or LOSE

But the thruth is that match is a way to analyze YOURself, the property of your techniques, your capacity in fighting, and other qualities.

In the end of the match one should think the negative part of himself, such as "mmm...my gyaku tsuky is not so quick to compete..." or " my legs are heavy, I need speed for kick his face.." again "I spent all my energy in attack, then when tired, he had the oppurtunity to knock me out..."

See where you did good, and better where you did wrong.

Never think about the lucky or unlucky match...

OSS! :kaioken:

Smile - Fight - No fear for death - respect the 4 laws of Ki - that's all I think...