• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sore Legs

Hi All,

I've noticed in the last 2 weeks or so that I've had paid in my calves, even though I work out regularly and stretch apporpriately...I find it sometimes difficult to continue my workout, as it can really hurt sometimes. Do I need better shoes? Is it from high impact exercise? How can I correct this? Please help!

Ouss.

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If it is discomfort you feel, it may just be you overworked them. Pain is something sharp followed by a burning sensation. If it is discomfort then just switch to a lighter exercise. If it is pain, stop completely and see either a physiotherapist or a personal trainer.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Drink lots and lots of water. Sometimes, especially with kickboxing/boxing footwork, when you are dehydrated the calves are the first place that start to cramp up a little. I like to skip rope to warm up my calves and then stretch them. Other than that, just listen to your body.

Oh, if you send me a picture of your legs.. i may better be able to assess the situation. :grin:

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I think Angus has some competition in regards to who's the most perverted on the board. You guys kill me - hahahahahaha!!! :lol:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

Pervert? ME?! :grin:

I just wanted to get a better look to see how your legs may need help, that's all. :razz:

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Oh......my mistake Ken, sorry.... :weirdlook: I also wanted to say that it is actually more discomfort than pain, as Karateka differentiated. It's located not on the back of my calf where I would normally feel it if my muscles were just sore, but towards the front close to the bone - it's the wierdest thing!! Anyways, if anyone else has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!

Lori :karate: :grin:

-Unknown-

Is it a shin-splint? If it is, then you definitely need more water. Also, tieing of the shoes too tight will cause this type of discomfort. Make sure the shoes are snug but not tight. I used to get shin splints playing basketball, but just loosening up my shoe laces a bit got rid of them in a couple weeks.

oh.. where are my leg pictures!? :wink:

Ha! I've already seen YOUR legs Ken!!!! Not too shabby!! You're built like a brick (no, make that steel) wall! I'll try to drink more water and to loosen up my laces and I'll let ya know if it worked. Thanks alot Perv!

Lori :razz: :grin: :nod:

-Unknown-

To properly assess the legs you really need to see the whole body. Ken, you should have asked for a full body picture :wink:

Hey, i aint that perverted - after all i'm still a teenager and Ken's all growed up! :lol:

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

what type of surfaces have you been working out on. if the surfaces are different. such as wood,asphalt, concrete,grass, or dirt. i would consider the shin splint theory. where rest and fliuds would be recommended. :idea:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson