• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you use this block for blocking a jab?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use this block for blocking a jab?

• Yes, I do
    • No, not me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slip or lateral deflection. I'm afraid that that block leave you opened for a front kick just above the belt.

nah, you can "catch" jabs like you said, pineapple, without gloves on- its not terribly difficult.

as for "catch"ing it like a baseball... i wouldnt try that against anyone who knows how to punch at all.

as for the second picture- yea, thats kind of what i meant by the forarm/elbow block only i usually dont just stick it right out there.

ljhb,jmnm,

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

yeah, when i first went they were teaching me 10 blocks and one of them was that.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

ummmm,

in an ideal circumstance;

i use my rear guard hand(open at my chin,) to slap the jab toward opponents centerline, while stepping/weaving to opponents outside to counter.

why this works for me=

1..most people i spar will shoot lead-jabs so quick they break the lead-guard-hand instantly, if im already preconcieved to block with my backhand and simultaniously counter with my lead, im in a more advantagous position.

2..once opponents punch has reached a certain distance the counter can be landed when opponent is offbalance due to 4ward lean.

3..jabs arent really powerfull enough to worry about blocking with both hands.........id be more worried about what follows the jab.

4..stop hits work wonders on even the hardest/quickest fighters.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."